SOS Error

Apr 21, 2022
Dealer just called and car is ready, headlight issue was a CAN BUS programming error apparently so definitely something went wrong or was overlooked during the updates.

That said, I don’t know if every car will get every module updated like mine was when trying to sort the SOS issues? Maybe my dealer were just being very proactive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Dealer just called and car is ready, headlight issue was a CAN BUS programming error apparently so definitely something went wrong or was overlooked during the updates.

That said, I don’t know if every car will get every module updated like mine was when trying to sort the SOS issues? Maybe my dealer were just being very proactive?

Thats sound intresting, I guess it couldn't talk to the sensors on the suspension or it never recieved the command to level when turning on ignition.

Glad it was easily rectified.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Car still with service. They have to replace SOS unit (again) and Airbag module (backorder) so will have to wait probably until tomorrow.

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Is anyone with OTA update to 1896 (A896) still getting SoS error? We seem to be getting it a lot more frequently than when on 1803...
I'm thinking its not completely the same as getting 1896 at the dealer...

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
We've had the 1896 upgrade and no repeat of SOS yet. However, whilst we were on 1672, our dealership replaced the control unit in an attempt to fix things. As it turned out, this did not fix the SOS issues but may be related to things now seeming to be okay since 1896 was installed.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Finally have my car back Airbag unit two weeks on backorder 😭

Hopefully no more SOS error 🤞

First thought about the new software the icon seems to me a slightly bigger size? I don't like the shading from top menu. The menu is fast for sure. I have notice the regenerative braking is a more aggressive this will be possible related to 90T4 service campaign on mild hybrids. Traffic updates are now provided by Google.

List of unit updated on my 1.5eTSI (mild hybrid)
01 Engine unit to SW 9974
09 Central Electrics to SW 159
15 Airbag completely different HW unit with SW 176
19 Gateway to SW 7087
21 Battery Energy Module to SW 455
5F Multimedia to SW 1896
6C Rear View Camera to SW 0314
75 Telematics to SW 0142
CC Starter/Generator to SW 0225

Last edited:

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Finally have my car back Airbag unit two weeks on backorder 😭

Hopefully no mor SOS error 🤞

First thought about the new software the icon seems to me a slightly bigger size? I don't like the shading from top menu. The menu is fast for sure. I have notice the regenerative braking is a more aggressive this will be possible related to 90T4 service campaign on mild hybrids. Traffic updates are now provided by Google.

List of unit updated on my 1.5eTSI (mild hybrid)
01 Engine unit to SW 9974
09 Central Electrics to SW 159
15 Airbag completely different HW unit with SW 176
19 Gateway to SW 7087
21 Battery Energy Module to SW 455
5F Multimedia to SW 1896
6C Rear View Camera to SW 0314
75 Telematics to SW 0142
CC Starter/Generator to SW 0225
I’ve had 1896 done but not the sos update yet but to be fair it’s not shown it’s ugly head yet!! Yes I had the 90T4 update done and it definitely is more aggressive likes to turn the engine off more then before.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Anyone that’s had the sos software update, has it fixed the issue? As I had it now speaker pops then sos error please go to workshop.

Apr 21, 2022
Same here, no further issues since all the updates were applied.

x21_jaf

Aug 15, 2021
I had the update to 1896 from 16xx and I still have the SOS error. They have replaced a door speaker, replaced the SOS unit, and It's now back in as SEAT technical say it could be a wiring issue, and they need to check 3 different sets of wires / wire loops to see if this solves the issue.

DandyAndy

Oct 14, 2021
I too had the dealer applied 1896 update in April which hasn't fixed the SOS error either. As I understand it, the 1896 update is for the infotainment system only and not the telematics module which is responsible for the SOS errors. I noticed from KoNG's post that he's got version SW 0142 for the telematics module (75) where as I'm on version SW 0135.

Has the update to SW 142 cured the SOS error and pops through the speakers and does anyone know the TPI number for this update as my dealer hasn't got a clue when mentioning software version numbers.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
So SOS error just occurred on my car. It’s 11 months old and 2 weeks ago it downloaded the latest 2 part update R8960 no problems up until now which is very odd.

Guess I’ll be calling the dealer later to see if they can fix/replace what’s required.

Feb 21, 2022
I've had this SOS error since getting the car; yet for me it only happens when I'm within the M25.. I get the pops from the speakers, and within about 10 minutes I then get SOS error and the GPS stops working correctly.

Yet I've been in the middle of the north york moors, and forests in pickering with no signal on mobiles, or the car and don't get any popping or SOS failure?

someuser08

Mar 24, 2021
United Kingdom
Yes, it used to be around M25 for us too, but since OTA update to A896 it now happens everywhere (and I can see reception of the eSIM went really downhill since the update). I am booked later this week for yearly service, so will make sure they apply the mentioned TPI and see how that helps...

Mirador

Nov 25, 2021
West Sussex
Just to clarify. The OTA updates I've applied do not fix the SOS errors. To do this I have to visit a dealer for them to apply further updates? Thanks.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
I have mine booked in to fix the sos error as my sw is 135 on the telematics module and I looked on Erwin and got the tpi and sent it to the dealer and they booked it in no problem. The latest sw is 142 I believe.
I don’t think they will recall the cars just fix when people complain.

Markessex

Dec 2, 2021
How do you find your telematics sw level ? Had my car update to 1896 and all been good so far no SOS errors at all after a week

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.