Spare space saver and extra for floor tray .

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Hi All(Again)

I have had the steel wheel added to my Cupra , but the garage didn't tell me when I ordered it that they charge extra for the tray to lift the boot floor , (fair enough but I should have been told of the extra cost .)
So I am curious if anyone else has done this and how much extra they were charged ?
Thanks in advance .
Sorry to be a pain .
The car is brilliant .

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I ordered the spare wheel kit for my mk1 cupra ateca, it came with all required parts for £299. It was the foam, wheel, jack, first aid kit, wheel lock screw and floor. Think that was it

Reactions: pinky1959

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
M4ppy.
Thanks for the reply . Mine is just over £300 so not so bad but when the Cupra website states £120 it is a bit bad without telling me , and it took the shine off from getting the car slightly and the rvi wasn't on it either so wee bit pissed off .

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Hi
Thanks again.
It may be my fault I wanted the wheel ,never thinking about the floor lifting but the info doesn't mention any extras and they never told me so I will be lwtting them know I am not happy.
They are calling me tomorrow hopefully as the wheel and kit were not in when I collected the car so I will have to go back 70 mile round trip so not too happy at the moment.

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
are you talking about the boot floor or the plastic side pieces they reference in the manual. If its the latter you don’t need them, I have had both a spare in my pre and post facelift and neither had them.
if it’s the boot floor this should be part of the kit.

Reactions: pinky1959

pinky1959

Jun 28, 2020
Update, Have done a deal with the garage and they are giving me a small refund and fitting the spare space saver etc tomorrow ,Happier now.

Reactions: Tell
Dec 31, 2020
Does the wheel actually fit?

Every dealer I've spoken to about supplying one of these (mine's a 2019, pre-facelift) has told me that the wheel won't actually clear the callipers, particularly on the front. Has anyone actually tested the fit - I'm interested, as I'd like to buy one if they do.

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
They don’t fit with Brembo brakes, but if you have them and get a flat on the front, just put a rear alloy on the front and spare on the rear.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.