split-r

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
its awesome thats what it is!! mines at the loudest its ever been as ive just got a tip (which makes a massive difference and some other goodies......along with remap, you wont turn back if you have all the extra's to go with it!!

Dec 31, 2005
London
tried one on mine and it wasnt much noisier than my 007p, mind you ive still standard airbox with green panel filter, with an open cone i imagine it could be quite loud!

roderrs

Nov 3, 2006
my mate just fitted one. sounds good but i expect it will be alot better when he has a remap and othe things.

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
got one now and fitted it, massive power difference, standard one must have been knackered. put the standard air box back on thou and its better than cone filter.

BUT

i have no whooshy noise at all even after adjustment.

what am i doing wrong?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
got one now and fitted it, massive power difference, standard one must have been knackered. put the standard air box back on thou and its better than cone filter.

BUT

i have no whooshy noise at all even after adjustment.

what am i doing wrong?

No boost?

Tony 156

Jul 27, 2006
Thatcham
na i have all the boost, car is now quicker than ever.

when the valve is fully open on adjustment i get a quiet rather weedy whhhhhh noise but thats it.

maybe i need few other parts and re map to get the full effect?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
na i have all the boost, car is now quicker than ever.

when the valve is fully open on adjustment i get a quiet rather weedy whhhhhh noise but thats it.

maybe i need few other parts and re map to get the full effect?

If you dont have it mapped it wont be boosting much. About 7psi max. Would explain why its quiet

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members