Split-r

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
Hi all,
Prob going to start another debate now over how crap split-r's are and watever else but i just want to know, How loud is your split-r?
My car is not remapped but i thought i would hear more than the tiny "poooof" that i am getting.
Any advise?

p.s. it is mounted the correct way and i have done the n249 bypass
cheers

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
If you want a bit more noise then change the air filter and T.I.P, Map it and take out the sound proofing from under the bonnet.
If you want a really loud dump valve buy a Cossie

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
i can here mine loud if the radio isnt on and all i have is a green filter but i guess it depends on what you call loud?

bakester69

Nov 30, 2008
Monmouth, S.Wales
If i turn off the radio and the blowers i can just about hear mine inside. Outside you cannot hear a thing.
Maybe it is set wrong? How many clicks are yours set to as it didnt make a lot of difference with mine so i left it at 2 full turns.

colinpuk

Jan 2, 2008
Slough
www.colinpeach.co.uk
mines pretty noticeable, have you got it set correctly ? i found a guide on this site about looking on through the trumpet when the engine was on and moving the ajuster so the piston was just closed - or something like that:p

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
I've got a Split-R. dump valves are not loud on Leons anyway. Mine is only audible when under pressure (as in when changing gear when acclerating hard) It makes a sound that i can only compare a spray can. a quick spray and a quick shake thats what it sounds like

dav3

devilishd4ve xbox tag
Mar 29, 2007
Essex
My splitr-r is quite loud you can here it when I'm coming down the road, and with the radio on low

AwesomeSarah

Forum Sponsor
Mar 6, 2006
Hi
The setting up on them is critical , but if no issues with running then it should be OK
I must admit , these are the only dump valves that can be fitted to the 1.8T engines......
So as has been said , the CAI`s do give a tab more noise , so could be worth looking in to one of them too?
I hope you get the sound you want though.....
Sarah

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I was very un-impressed with the Split-R, as are many others. I now have the Turbosmart Kompact Dual-Port and it sounds awesome, loud enough to easily be heard in and outside the car, no fault codes either, it works sequentially.

b_wain

Dec 28, 2007
I have the split r but it's not amazingly loud. How much are the gfb 50/50 and turbosmart compact dual port DV costing these days?

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
splitrmot.jpg

Lodgey180

WoOoOoOsShH
May 3, 2008
Middlesbrough
www.mootr.co.uk
:lol:

try taking the sound absorber off from your bonnet it really does work
also the seal on the back of the engine bay.. helps with cooling and again lets sound out..

i only have a dv30 and a ramair filter and mine is really loud..

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
How many "clicks" you have on yours split r's ?. I'm running about (peak) 18 psi boost and i have about 24 clicks from 0 position. Im not sure if i shouldnt make it even harder.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
How many "clicks" you have on yours split r's ?. I'm running about (peak) 18 psi boost and i have about 24 clicks from 0 position. Im not sure if i shouldnt make it even harder.

They are all different, dont worry about how many click's you just set it up so it does'nt TICK whilst the engine is running.