Spliter R Valve + Relocation Kit

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
Hi People,

Ive not been on here in a bit as ive been busy and on holiday.

Now im back I want to get on with some mods on my LCR. I have sitting in the boot of my car a relocation kit and spliter valve.

my plan is to order a nomad twin pod piler with oil temp (ready for the remap) and a boost gage.

Fit the relocation kit with standard DV making sure no boost losses, then change the DV for the spliter. So thats the plan, but my question is this...

I want to run the Spliter in full Recirculation with the odd show or blast on the road using the part recirculation. Has anyone ever done this? will i need to keep changing the turns on the top of the valve?

Any views?

:help::help::help::help:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
i dont think you should need to re set it or anything as i set mine up in full recirc mode to ensure that it was running properly and then reverted back to bov

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
Just get both of them right away mate!! Few things to bear in mind!!

Make sure you have the valve low enough so it dont foul on the bonnet. Not that i know any one to be stupid enough to do this :rolleyes:

Also. Make sure you do atleast the 2 full turns other wise it will leak boost and you will wonder for weeks whats wrong with you car. AGAIN i dont know any one who is stupid enough to do this :roflmao:

Old pic
Engonecoversprayed.jpg

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
Looking good Skorchio. Cant wait to get mine fitted up and working.

Will order the Piller late sunday and will fit it the following week.

thanks for your help
Steve

Aug 29, 2006
Poole
What the benefit of the relocation kit? Some people say it keeps it cooler, but a lot of people said they've seen no real benefit at all?!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
no benefit really in driving performance
free's up space up top quite a bit

got to work this morning after a spirited drive and the valve and ic-inlet pipe were stone cold......so in effect your recirc'ing colder air back into the TIP which is better for the car

Skorchio

600 Miles to a tank :)
Jan 23, 2007
Nr Milton Keynes
There is benifit.

1) When you DV dumps is is dumping the air that has passed through the intercoolers so its cooler. Without this kit your dumping hot air back in to the TIP so the turbo can heat it up even more. Resulting in the intercoolers not being able to get it as cold, meaning after you change gear your pushing very hot air in to your engine. If you don't know what difference that makes. Go buy a Yaris or a KA :harhar:

2)Not a big point but a point never the less. As the air passing through the DV is cooler it increses the life on the valve.

Hope this helps

Cupra Duper

Jul 26, 2007
apart from skorchio's first point, i would say its for looks. Just look at the engine bay. looks much better

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.