Spring time fuel competition

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
Spring time fuel competition

Anyone up to see how many miles we can all get on a tank of fuel?

State model, year and current mileage and see how far we can go?

Millers can be used

Who’s up for it? :shrug:

I filled up today with normal bp stuff and my milages is at 8k and new leon TDI ref sport

Dean

jamesy

JMM
Nov 5, 2006
portsmouth (waterlooville)
:think: to make it fair we would all have to fill at red light and put same litres in, or is that just a little sad lol :bleh:
last diesel for me was shell extra, 37.67litres from light and currently done 430miles and its got another 10/20miles maybe not sure will find out soon :D

craig-pd130

May 7, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
Here's a throwdown -- last weekend, 621.5 miles brim to brim :)

Passat PD130 Sport, 12.33 gallons, 50.4 mpg average over the tank, mostly motorway and open A-road work on holiday in Welsh Wales :D

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
My fabia is currently getting 60mpg. :D

But it seems when my lpg is on, the car becomes ultra economical, but in reality it is also using about 25 litres of lpg every 1200 miles or so. So, my current tank is looking to get around 500 miles before the beeper blows. 45 litre tank as well.

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
My fabia is currently getting 60mpg. :D

But it seems when my lpg is on, the car becomes ultra economical, but in reality it is also using about 25 litres of lpg every 1200 miles or so. So, my current tank is looking to get around 500 miles before the beeper blows. 45 litre tank as well.

60 mpg? how do you drive? howmanny miles u got on ya car?

dmjw01

Upstanding Member
Jul 28, 2005
Woking, UK
www.dmjwilliams.co.uk
:think: to make it fair we would all have to fill at red light and put same litres in
I disagree! I think part of the skill of getting the most from your tank is knowing just how far you can drive it on the warning light before filling up. The only rule should be that if you actually run out of fuel then you are disqualified - so if you push it too far then you've blown it. It's fun to play a game of "Chicken" with the fuel light! :D

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
60 mpg? how do you drive? howmanny miles u got on ya car?

I don't drive like a maniac, but then I'm not slow either. "progressive" with the throttle would be a good word, as my boost can be a bit erratic so I often feed in power. But when in traffic, there's nowt you can do but just pottle along at sub 1500rpm, and my car seems ultra economical - guess it's not using the turbo and not needing much diesel. Don't forget the LPG helps.

Car is on about 95,000 now - engine has just gone past 43,000

woodyTDI

Jan 29, 2007
Essex
I disagree! I think part of the skill of getting the most from your tank is knowing just how far you can drive it on the warning light before filling up. The only rule should be that if you actually run out of fuel then you are disqualified - so if you push it too far then you've blown it. It's fun to play a game of "Chicken" with the fuel light! :D

i went 3 days with it on the red once, i got scared lol don't know how far you can go on it?

vwpologti

Jun 25, 2006
in my remaped ibiza tdi sport now around 160bhp,didnt have full power due to clutch i can easy and i meen easy get 55mpg round town.

and have had 70mpg on motorway, there are pictures on the forum
of the 70.1mpg trip

Fishy

May 16, 2005
Filled up yest. with only 5 miles worth of juice remaining. Filled up for BP normal diesel.

Car is the 2.0TDI Ref Sport with 7800 miles on it. Most of the driving will sadly be commuting though.

Fish

jamesy

JMM
Nov 5, 2006
portsmouth (waterlooville)
i got scared and filled up lol, 435miles to 37litres its was, well roughly because i still had a few more miles till the light pinged on.
it worked out at about 53mpg
i find the fuel needle will suddenly drop alot then wont move much then a big drop again lol
still im getting great economy so im not complaining

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.