Springs on standard shocks?

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Anyone running -35mm springs on standard FR shocks? Im guessing im gonna be feeling every single imperfection in the road and will knacker the shocks out pretty quickly?

Koni springs are due to be fitted on Monday - just need to know whether Ill be paying out for shocks in the near future...

Cheers

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
m0rk said:
You've answered your own question I think there!

Indeed, however I'm looking for some past experience, see if it will be worth my while hanging on the the standard crap for a while, or upgrading asap.

Fez boy

Apr 23, 2003
Watford
Visit site
I'm running Eibach's on standard shocks ;)

It was all done @ JBs a couple of months ago now.

As the car had only done 30K I decided to keep the standard shocks untill such a time was they need replacing.

Yes if I go over any pothole I can feel more of a bump(not any difference to any of my other modded cars) but is so much better to drive now and I am happy with it ;)

I was more worried about speed bumps but I have not had any issues with them,so all is well.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
If you're going to have to change the shocks soon, you'd be better off saving yourself two lots of labour charges and have them done with the springs.

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
Fez boy said:
I'm running Eibach's on standard shocks ;)

It was all done @ JBs a couple of months ago now.

As the car had only done 30K I decided to keep the standard shocks untill such a time was they need replacing.

Yes if I go over any pothole I can feel more of a bump(not any difference to any of my other modded cars) but is so much better to drive now and I am happy with it ;)

I was more worried about speed bumps but I have not had any issues with them,so all is well.

Ahh that is quite good to hear as mine is at around 26k.

Muddy, I know that makes 100% sense, but i've paid my deposit now and cant afford to buy shocks before monday :cry:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.