Standard Head Unit System

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
wired the car up just waiting for a fuse at the moment.. should have it later today. but i wanted to run the system from standard headunit just to keep my CD changer. but i got confused as to what to do with my remote wire. will it be needed? and if so where do i put it. and just in case you need to know what amps im running its these

http://www.audioxsell.com/classified/461873/Phoenix-Gold-OCTANE-R-801.htm

if i have to use another HU i dont mind but id prefer the Original. managed to get the leads for the RCA's but confused about remote

thanks in advance :)

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
there are a few threads on how to wire up the standard hu, but it is a lot easier to replace with aftermarket...with regards to the remote wire, that is for compatible hu's with subwoofer control, so the standard hu doesn't use it in your case

Mar 3, 2009
Hinckley
you need to attach the remote wire to the ignition feed on the radio.
you may find connecting it to the ignition feed on the headunit may cause the sub to "pop" upon start up due to turning on at the same time as the headunit,this will cause no damage but is annoying.aftermarket headunits have a delay on the remote to stop this.you can fit a delayed relay to stop this

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
thank u... managed to wire it all up :) but i entered the wrong code by mistake on the HU.. safe mode 2.. just waiting for the time delay safety thingymajiggy to work again

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise