Standard or Lowered

maverick4546

Hi all.

Just a question how many of you guys have your cordy lowered?

Coming from a standard Rover cough cough 620 cough cough (stop laughing now) where the suspension was so bouncy that you hit a pot hole and you are still bouncing 3 miles later.

With the Cordy I feel everything. Every single bump I feel it. Yeah it feels more sporty and on smooth roads its lovely. But on some of the roads around here sometimes I feel like I am gonna lose teeth :)

So do I...

A) Get it unlowered
B) Get higher profile tyres fitted
C) Move to a country where there are no speed bumps and no potholes

2205672833_5d049a4c71_o.jpg

myseatcupra

ibiza fr tdi
May 14, 2007
cardiff/penarth
i'd keep the rover driving quiet if i was you!!!
move some where flat :whistle:
problem is if its lowered its going to be bumpy. you could try higher profile tyres but then it'll look like a tractor. if comfort is what your after standard suspension maybe the only answer.

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
I'd be willing to do a swap i'm looking for lowered suspension for mine.

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
C) Move to a country where there are no speed bumps and no potholes

im from devon mate, believe me, there are plenty of speed bumps everywhere and many a pothole where you dont need them. :D

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Standard suspension REALLY rolls in fast corners but will hang on, can be bloody scary though. Its also still pretty firm as is the style of the car, however it might just soften the blow a bit.

What you've got to decide is do you want to go hareing around corners at say 70 mph in third, or do you just want a comfortable cruiser with good straight line speed that looks great?

maverick4546

Thanks for all the replies guys :)

Ok... my work colleague put things into perspective for me last night. He has a RS Cosworth. MY F****** god is that thing low... made my car seem like it had normal springs. Even on smooth road it felt bumpy. So I will be keeping mine lowered :)

I did install a Sub and amp last night. So wont be installing any 6x9s in the boot.

icecavern.. I love the colour of your cordy.. is that factory or a respray job?

maverick4546

Oh and I wont mention the Rover ever ever again... plz dont ban me lol

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
I got my lowerd on standard steeles at first and that waz ok but i have now put sum ibiza cupra wheels on now i kan realy feel the bumps,but kids and wife arnt realy complaing so it carnt be that bad!try puting some dampners with ajustable bump n rebound!n set it 2 soft!

sjc59

Jul 30, 2006
Good call, i'll be getting mine lowered as soon as funds allow and icecavern my mates 1.6 is the same colour looks great all polished up.

maverick4546

Me thinks in my case its just cos the "other car" was so much more different than the Cordoba.

But you live and you learn :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.