Standard speakers not so bad!!??

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
Went for a second visit to norfolk car audio today in norwich to have a second look at a pioneer head unit for my beeza. on my first visit i ask for a bit of advice to upgrade the sound system, got told i should probably get a new set of compos for the front for £130 and a set of loud speakers with a built in tweeter for the rear at £60, then i ask what options i had for a bit of bass without the sub blowing my rear window out. answer oh £135 for the nearly the biggest sub in the shop:wtf: and £80 for an amp. So thats £405 for what i've got with a bit more bass and slightly crisper sound, thats without a head unit and fitting.
So Second visit today differant salesman told me the speakers aren't that bad i may be better of keeping them as is adding just a 12" sub and spending a bit more money on the head unit.

how can people working in the same shop whan i explained all i wanted was a bit more bass and a bit better sound quality, offer 2 compleatly (spelling??) differant ideas. was one giving me an honest opinion and the other just trying to up his commision?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Sounds like they were either pretty clueless or just both had completely different ideas on what they thought you wanted. I think as a rule though if you want decent sound in your car ditch the standard jobbies and get some decent replacement speakers, I don't think the standard speakers in any car are upto much. I suppose it depends on how far you wanna go really.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
well i opted for a £600 pioneer head unit with 6.5" screen and dvd player, they had one hooked up to a sh*tty pair of speakers and it sounded a lot clearer, it has a built dolby thingy for surround sound and wot not, getting a sub next month and gonna see how it goes:think: , i can get a hell of a lot of volume out of the standard speakers without distorsion just have to remove the bass. hense a small sub to take the pressure off may be best. i dont want a system that people will hear coming.

ps.. getting it fitted tommorow thinking of putting it in the lower DIN slot so i can keep my ORIGIN in it's place, motorized (spelling??) flip screen will look sh*t hot anyhoo[B)]

SMILEY CULTURE

BEER MONKEY
Aug 15, 2005
BOURNEMOUTH
The problem you're having with the bass from the fronts isn't just the standard of the speakers, it's the fact that the door panels rattle like hell. If you spent £40 on sound deadening material like dynamat (ask dealer if you've never heard of it) it will improve the sound quality almost as much as buying new speakers, will be much louder too because less energy is lost.

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
Thanks for that smiley, i was thinking of goin down those lines to be honest
there offering a 4' by 4' roll for £16.00 how much do you reckon i need?

SMILEY CULTURE

BEER MONKEY
Aug 15, 2005
BOURNEMOUTH
One roll will do one panel so I'd get at least two. The best way to use it is just literally whip the door card off and cover the back of it in one piece pressing it into the contours. Generally the more you get the better the car will sound, but it's not cheap!

oi_nutter2000

New interior's in woohoo!
Feb 20, 2005
Ipswich
I think the component speakers are fine it's just the shite signals sent to them by the standard headunit.

I added an Alpine headunit kicker amp and jbl sub and it sounds very well indeed

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
Thanks guys, for the advice they fitted the unit today and it sounds and looks mint:D , a bit of vibration when cranked up a bit, and a lot if i turn the Eq expander on, so next up pleanty of sound deadening and a nice sub in the back. had a tap in the boot and everthing under the carpet panel rattles like buggery:( dont know what best there more dyno or some other sollution.:shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise