SeatFRTSI

Jan 23, 2021
SEAT LEON TSI EVO FR 1.5-Reg68
Note-day before car ran fine when I needed to change parking position around my house.
Next day-Turned on ignition, everything working fine; as soon as I got out of my estate, car suddenly goes into a jolt, there goes the loss of power and I had the same issue at beginning of this year-took it down to a Seat Dealership but nothing caught during diagnostic test.
But here I am again-I pulled over and noticed EPC light illuminating+engine symbol
I turned of car then on again within matters of seconds then a error message pops up on my dashboard Start-Stop error.
I turned the car back round and noticed there was still a loss of power.

She’s all booked in now, but I’m not under warranty so I’m pretty worried how expensive this part and labour will accumulate to.

Have any of you guys had this issue?
do any of you guys know what parts may need replacing with what I’ve said here also how much?

SeatFRTSI

Jan 23, 2021
Update-today.
Turned on ignition was taking a little longer to fire up and message is still there.
Volume on car has become quiet/ not sure about radio but between selecting menus definitely has and can’t alter volume.

Dec 14, 2022
Please can I asked what happened with your car in the end? I have the exact same issue. Deal says can’t find a fault. I’ve had sparks and coil pack replaced and still got the issue. At my wits end trying to sort it! Thanks for any help in advance

SeatFRTSI

Jan 23, 2021
Please can I asked what happened with your car in the end? I have the exact same issue. Deal says can’t find a fault. I’ve had sparks and coil pack replaced and still got the issue. At my wits end trying to sort it! Thanks for any help in advance
Hi,
I can’t remember what the exact part needed to be replaced.
There was a build up of waste fuel not being filtered as normal by a faulty component, sorry I can’t remember which component it is but it cost £800 for part and labour.
expensive repair.
I have found my car to suffer a few repairs in the past few years, I’m looking to rid in the new year.

I hope you can use this as some guidance when you speak to your garage; I took my car to the Seat dealership, I think they will navigate the issue lot more proficiently than other independent garages.

Dec 14, 2022
Thanks for coming back to me! I will mention it to the garage. Unfortunately the dealerships are not being helpful. Very expensive just to look at the car and then because the coils and sparks are not replaced my them just say that could be the issue. Cant afford to keep pay those prices!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.