Stereo - Serious Sense of Humour Failure

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
I'm not having fun any more:

I refer you to my potential dodgy car post - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130024

Anyhoo - I got a connects2 adapter for my car. The wrong one, it turns out - anyway, I pulled out the stereo disconnected the power leads and realised it was wrong. No problems, I'll connect it back up.

Done.

What's that on the screen? Why's it saying 1000?

That's right, it's asking me for a code - the stereo code - the code that I don't have and have NO hope of ever getting.....

Feckety feck fecking arse - insert much profanity here.

Any advice????

Note that I'm about this [ ] far from either getting rid of the damned car or getting a new stereo

Last edited:

matt-drummer

Jun 14, 2007
Ipswich
You can just take it to a SEAT dealer and they will recover the code for you, had to do it when I bought my car, it cost £33.75 plus VAT. The garage that supplied my car couldn't do it as its a sat nav/stereo unit and they reimbursed me for it. The usual radio code person they used just couldn't do it.

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
This is God's way of telling you to buy a new head unit!

Go on, you know you want to...and then maybe some new speakers, and at least one amp, well maybe two, cos you need a sub really, and what about the rears...

777cupra

Jan 12, 2007
Buckinghamshire
code normally somewhere with your owners manuals....failing that phone up the dealer, give your reg number and they wil give you the code. At least that happened with my old peugeot!

james_tiger_woo

VW Passat B6 2.0 TDi SE
Jun 19, 2007
Lincolnshire
Grr - the place I got the car from gave me no manuals, etc - Great.

Anyway, I've had it done £20 all in - and I've got the right code now - woohoo Tunes :)

And no, I'm not getting a new head unit, etc. Not yet anyway!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.