Stiff Fixed Suspension, what kit ?

Dec 20, 2007
Hey guys, im off on my first track day in april, now at the moment im running Jamex coilovers and therea bit to soft for track days so want something a fair bit stiffer.

Cant afford bilstien coilovers etc so can someone tell me a good track ready suspension kit for around 350 pounsd or under want it to lower 50 - 60mm.

Links to buy would be great :)

Rob.

Dec 20, 2007
looks the most probable at the moment. I wouldnt mind some koni adjustables but they seem to only come with 30mm drop

Dec 20, 2007
says 40/40 drop, i dont care if its hard on the road, i only drive my car hard really dont need it for comfort at all. if someone can confirm H&R is a stiff kit then ill go for those.. only other option is koni adjustables then purchase some seperate springs but tahts going to cost about 430 quid

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
surely you'd be better uprating the ARBs and then adjusting the suspension for your trackdays? Thicker arbs make a massive difference.

Dec 20, 2007
This is what im now thinking... basically i have a trackday at combe on the 9th April...

Got about 450 quid to spend up until that date on the car... Idea was some new suspension and rear brake pads but now having a read a 28mm rear ARB, upper front brace and new rear pads would be better spent money and some softer rear helper springs possibly for these coilys.

dolf

The Dolf
Aug 14, 2006
cheshire
worth investing in some ds2500 pads too. when i did a track day i had the tarox strada pad (which is slighty better than standard) and they were fading fast after 4 laps. Well worth an £80 investment i'd say.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members