Still no car!!

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Hey folks,

As you may remember i was supposed to collect my Ibiza FR from Motorpoint in Glasgow on Friday - long story short - the remote key was missing and the very funky FR gearknob had been replaced by a very very bland black pastic gear knob that only went to 5!! hmmmmmm

Anyway after ALOT of discussion with the staff (some more helpful than others) they agreed to bring the car up to spec and deliver it on Wednesday - today.

Sorted, i left and drove home - only to be stopped by the Police just outside Brechin and charged because my front tints were 'too dark'. Not a good day.

Any way, i called Motorpoint yesterday (tues) to check on things and the car hasn't even been booked in yet & won't be ready for another few days so yet more delays!!!!! grrrrr, starting to doubt the whole thing - really keen on the car and other than those small issues the car is stunning - BUT it just seems to be so difficult to get things sorted. To make things more difficult there isn't a SEAT dealer in Aberdeen so it'd've been a pain in the ass to get things sorted by myself (which i was keen to do to ensure it was right!)

Hmmmmmm, anyway - i'm glad to see the site up and running again - thanks to all those who put in alot of work over the last few days getting everything going again.

PJ

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
Oh man :( Not good.

I've had my car a week now, and it's all been good.

May I ask how are you financing the car? Are you taking their 3x3 thing or finance or loan?

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
Bank loan, much better deal and if it runs it's full term then i get 25% of the interest back so just went with that, i think their finance wasn't too bad tho. seemed to be quite a low rate and the 3x3 would be good if i was keeping it for the 3 years but i haven't planned that far ahead yet - but perhpas a new R32 once the price comes down.......................ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Glad you're loving the car & they are pretty stunning - i hadn't actually seen an FR until i went to collect mine and it's very very cool!

PJ.

pj2001

Sep 13, 2006
the 3x3 is monstrously expensive. Would cost £2500 more than a loan would in interest!

yeah!!! man, that is alot!! yeah, my bank offered a pretty decent deal so i thought i'd best go with them BUT the money has been kicking about for a couple of weeks now but these delays keep messing thing up. i just hope it's worth it!!

PJ.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.