Strut brace for leon/toledo

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Hey, i'm after a front upper strut brace for my toledo 1.9tdi ,

I read somewhere that it's the same size as the old audi A3 strut brace.

Is this true? Because i know someone who's selling just the thing..

Thanks

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
Ive just fitted an S3 one on my LC;)

Image0334.jpg

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Haha ok thanks. As long as that black box holding the wires on the right doesn't get in the way of mine i should be fine.

I'll keep you informed :)

kierand32

Gunnie,

I have just bought a OMP strut brace for my Seat Leon Cupra R and was just wondering how easy it was to fit?

For anyone who is struggling to find a strut brace for the Seat, the part number of the OMP upper front strut brace i bought is OMPMA1782.

Last edited by a moderator:

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Not too difficult. jack the car up an take off the two fron wheels so you can what you doing from underneath. the strut brace bolts on around the top of the suspension legs. Just put on the strut, mark out the holes needed, slowly dril through with a drill bit big enough to house the bolts, bolt up very tightly then away you go. if you can wait till the weekend i'll put up some pictures

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Yeah it did make a difference. It's really important to have a really good fix to the bodywork though. Use the widest bolts you can fit in the holes you drill and if the strut brace is adjustable, tighten it up after you've fitted it to put a tension between the bodywork.

It cancels understeer by a noticable ammount, but you'll only see the benefits with aftermarket suspension i'd say. It holds the front of the car quite nicely over sloped corners etc, well worth the low price imo

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.