Audi brace:

img00139cx.jpg

img00383fm.jpg

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Fantastic :)

coxw: Off Topic... but did you get my email last night? Your PM box was full when I tried that.

Rikko

Owner Of The Possesed 1
Dec 19, 2006
Grimsby
Sorry to hijack the forum guys Coxw what sorta prices you askin mate for the different bits PM me if it works out easier mate.
Rikko

The MoffMeister

Half Hoff, Half Moff.
Apr 4, 2006
colchester
I thought the LCR already came with a factory fitted upper strut brace, is that right ??

So the Audi S3 Upper strut brace will fit the LCR part number is 8L9-805-629-A. but is it required, when I look at my engine bay, there is a black bar running from one strut to the other ??? whats that then, sorry to sound thick, but I am not technically minded on the LCR, just own one and thats it. :help:

no it doesnt xcome with an upper one as standard but it does lower

sounds like you have one already then

be careful of strutbracer.co.uk

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Audi dealer said strut brace 8L9-805-629-A, is £16.87 + vat & bolts £1.09 each + vat.

Can anyone tell me if it will require drilling on the suspension mount? :think:

Did you buy the strut brace for this price if so where are they, I went to my local dealer today with the same part no and was quoted £58

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Yeah but £40+ is one hell of a difference.

If it's right I'll be making my way to Bradford next week (in Huddersfield so not too far for me :funk:)

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
One thing I have learnt from past experience, most Dealers have different prices for the same part.

The price I have been quoted was face to face over the counter at Audi Dealership in Bradford, West Yorkshire, I quoted part no. 8L9805629A, they refer to it as body re-inforcement, same thing just different name from a strut brace. Don't be paying £58, your getting ripped off mate, move to Bradford, we also have some of the best Indian Restaurants aswell.:harhar:

Hello mate
Have you got there phone number i might see if they will post it

marshyc

Mar 12, 2006
Huddersfield
Go for it, do not delay, they may go out of stock, be quick, i already bought mine a few days ago, it looks the dogs do da's. just need to find someone to fit it to my 260bhp LCR, so I can turn those country roads into my own Formula 1 Grand Prix circuit. :flag:

Which dealer was it? Where are they?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.