Stubby Aerial - Bargain

cbr40017

Nov 24, 2006
Hampshire
What do you mean by take out the grub screw? Isn't an direct bolt on? And how's the radio reception with this antenna? I also placed an order, hope mine will be delivered shortly

the grub screw is the thread that screws the arial on, all i did when fitting mine was to unscrew it a little from the arial before screwing it to the arial base on the roof

dim_sh_lg1.jpg

Last edited:

Blucupra

Jan 1, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Thnx for your quick reply :clap:

Is there anyone who can tell if there's any difference between the original and this antenna when it comes to radio reception (if that's the right word for it)

ginger_fool

unscrew the old aerial then when its horizontal instead of just pulling like a mad man and risk breaking the whole unit off the roof get a pair of thin pliars in the gap where the old aerial thread now is and just pull the handle of the pilars towards the back of the car. Hey presco pops out very easily.

maxlifo

05 MK4 Ibiza FR 20VT
Jul 30, 2007
Have to agree, radio reception is crap with this aerial so far. The S2000 one was a little better. Annoyingly, the stock one was better than that!

Oh well, only a tenner.

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
I got mine a week ago but the reception in our area is crap-ish. Its fine on local radio, but poor on R4 and ClassicFM, listenenable to but odd noises etc

Anyone want it for £9 inc del?

darrenh

...soon to have new shoes
Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
Mine still hasn't arrived... I ordered it using my girlfriends PayPal account, so when she forwarded me the confirmation, I replied bitching about how long they'd taken - left it a while and wondered why she hadn't replied... looked in my sent items and somehow it'd gone to them - I hope they posted it before they read it :( :( :(

Jul 10, 2001
Bedfordshire
Visit site
Mine still hasn't arrived... I ordered it using my girlfriends PayPal account, so when she forwarded me the confirmation, I replied bitching about how long they'd taken - left it a while and wondered why she hadn't replied... looked in my sent items and somehow it'd gone to them - I hope they posted it before they read it :( :( :(

:lol: that could only happen to you Darren! you monkey :D

darrenh

...soon to have new shoes
Mar 30, 2005
Cambs
www.myspace.com
Mine came on Saturday morning :D

Not really noticed any problem with the signal... Vibe FM is the only one that it won't pick up AT ALL now (FM 107.7). If only I saw my car in the daylight at some point, I'd tell you how good it looks! :)

Never got a reply back from the email I sent them either...

Mat

i bought a short aerial years ago, but sold it. thinking of getting another, but how the hell do you get the standard aerial off?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.