Stubby Aerial - Bargain

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Drove my car for a few hours this weekend and realised how bad the reception is with it, if it didnt look so much better than standard i'd bin it.

maxlifo

05 MK4 Ibiza FR 20VT
Jul 30, 2007
I can pick up about 4 stations when I'm driving round town. That doesn't include radio one (not that I'd want to listen to radio one most of the time)...

Ditto on the local thing^^

Shocking.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
For anyone that hase one of these aerials GET ONE OF THESE! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-VAG-Aeria...ryZ14932QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I fitted the aerial 2 weeks ago but the reception was that bad I could not even get a half good reception even on radio 1 so I went is search of a soloution and came up with this. Found them in halfords for something like £15 and thought I could get one cheeper from fleebay and there are a few people that are selling them for less than half price.

One thing though, when you connect it up make sure you use the blue lead at the back of your headunit that you use to power a amp with and not the blue/white lead for an electric aerial, as that is what I used and the reception was only marginaly better (even with the standard aerial back on).
I actualy got so pi55ed off with it I went to take it out yesterday and just have the standard aerial back on but thought I'd try connecting the power the other way round and hay presto, perfect signal.

I hope this helps a few people out.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Nice find, so is the reception that much better with it, if it takes to back to what the standard was like i'd be happy, but if its better than standard happy days.

Jan 8, 2007
Wiltshire
My aerial has been pretty much fine since I've had it on the car, going down the M4 each day. Must be the luck of the draw I guess

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Nice find, so is the reception that much better with it, if it takes to back to what the standard was like i'd be happy, but if its better than standard happy days.

Deffo just as good as standard mate, worth every penny ;)

maxlifo

05 MK4 Ibiza FR 20VT
Jul 30, 2007
'kin 'ell! It's turned up already (next day)! Great seller.

Thanks again for the tip.

"Nice finde mate, I'd of got one of them if I didnt have this one" - you know it :happy:

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
stubby aerial for sale £10 inc p&P

Hi All i hav a spare stubby aerial for sale if anyone is intrested £10 inc p&p
Make payment to paypal

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Installed the booster last night, great piece of kit fair play, went from not having a signal on a certain station at all to getting something i could actually listen to!

All for 6.50, bargain.

Thanks Damoegan. :D