Stupid Noob HID Question

Finan

i went jap.. :O
Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Okay, I've mentioned before about getting my fog-light's wired up for more light on the road due to long distance travelling over Christmas. I Have been looking at HID's for a long time now, But i cant afford them right now. So i found these: http://cgi.ebay.ie/BLUE-SEAT-IBIZA-...CarParts_SM?hash=item3a549d8538#ht_1687wt_939
These should provide enough light on the road for me to Survive over the Christmas.

Now my Question is, I Thought Mk3 Ibiza's Had One Bulb For Al(dipps,full).
This package Includes 2 Dipps, And 2 Beams And 2 Sidelights, Can Someone Elaborate?
Or Point Me To Some Cheap Xenon Bright Bulbs.

Im Not very Good At Ebay, As only New On It
Thanks

chrissy1502002

Search Button Ambassador
Jun 12, 2007
Portsmouth (ish)
www.bebo.com
Firstly these wont really give any more light than your standard bulbs. The standard bulbs are 55 watt as well, all you will get is a blue'er light on the road.

Pluss having your fog light on to give you gxtra light wont help at all, they are aimed too low and just piss people off. They should be :banned:...come to think of it, they are when there isnt any fog!!!!!

Secondly you will need an H4 bulb for your main/high.

The bulb fittments ar a sticky in the MK3 FAQ area, a two second :search: gave the answer

Last edited:

Mat

HIDs will be best buy ever! Fog lights dont give extra light. I've even tried it (as an experiment). It gave about 2ft of light ahead of me! Dunno how local chavs can drive around with just sides and fogs on!

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Another Little Noob Question Before i place an Order,

H4-1 Is H4?
Which will fit right?

just need that cleared up lol

Finan

Jan 18, 2009
Eíre
bebo.com
Okay, but i got a single deflector, its not a Cupra, so it wouldnt be double deflector? would these still work?

really sorry for all the questions :think:

andycupra

status subject to change
FFS another person thats going to be driving around with fog lights on.

Dont you know they are little help and it is illegal to use them unless it very foggy.
Highway code suggests fog lights are used when visability is less then 100 yards. Thats pretty damm foggy.

andycupra

status subject to change
HIDs will be best buy ever! Fog lights dont give extra light. I've even tried it (as an experiment). It gave about 2ft of light ahead of me! Dunno how local chavs can drive around with just sides and fogs on!

because:

1 they think it looks cool.
and
2 there are loads of people that for some reason think that its legal to have front fogs on if you are only using side lights..
IT IS NOT.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.