SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
Should I update or not? Newer is not always better, especially when it comes to vag sw. :unsure:

Also if I update do i have to restore fec codes or not? I have retrofitted ACC and I wouldn't want to have to restore its fec.

Should I update or not? Newer is not always better, especially when it comes to vag sw. :unsure:
We've had no complaints regarding 0253, or 0479. We've noticed a couple of occasional quirks with 0516 however it's still better than earlier 05xx trains. For example early 05xx releases look to have a dead pixel when you boot them on the cupra screen, however it's just a fault with the boot screen.

Tell

Staff member
My words of wisdom.... Yes but that debate about whether 516 is better than 515. Why the previous poster reverted back to 515 for Android Auto via the SWDL command. It's end of line so if there were bugs in 516 doubt they would get fixed. Some say 516 works better than 515 other say the reverse.

Problematic cables can effect Android Auto and certainly should not go above 1 metre in length. Google Maps aren't that brilliant as far as road cartography, traffic jams in urban areas have the edge on inbuilt Mib2.

Google Maps in my experience are more kamikaze at routing you down routes that aren't roads since they arent correctly validated. More of an issue in rural areas. They bum the Google car off-road down a mud farm track and call it a road in the map. Your vehicle will take you on the shortest route down an un made farm track 🙄. Once these non existent roads get put in mapping system you got a problem with the routing algorithm.

Suggest you try 515, then 516, but to revert you'd have to enable the developers menu which gives you the SWDL command. What Kawaz did via Obdeleven or other coding devices. You don't need SWDL to go forward but you do to go backwards.

My words of wisdom.... Yes but that debate about whether 516 is better than 515. Why the previous poster reverted back to 515 for Android Auto via the SWDL command. It's end of line so if there were bugs in 516 doubt they would get fixed. Some say 516 works better than 515 other say the reverse.

Problematic cables can effect Android Auto and certainly should not go above 1 metre in length. Google Maps aren't that brilliant as far as cartography.

Suggest you try 515, then 516, but to revert you'd have to enable the developers menu which gives you the SWDL command. What Kawaz did via Obdeleven or other coding devices. You don't need SWDL to go forward but you do to go backwards.
They're still releasing updates for MIB2, for example 0369 was recently released. There will be support for 05xx for a couple of years atleast

Android auto recently gained a cable test function which is useful for troubleshooting

Tell

Staff member
They're still releasing updates for MIB2, for example 0369 was recently released. There will be support for 05xx for a couple of years atleast

Android auto recently gained a cable test function which is useful for troubleshooting
Feels like a cable test function and getting on top of SWDL to go back as well as forward if you want to go backwards. Good that they havent stranded people on the old series.

Stefan147

Jan 29, 2019
Athens Greece
My glitches are not with AA or the sw per se although I recently went from a Xiaomi Mi11 Ultra to a Samsung S22 Ultra and the later seems to be a lot less reliable with its connections, always with the same short (30-40cm) braided cable.

For example I get frequent fault messages of a usb stick with music that I use and which seems to be fine when I try it on a laptop. Today it also refused not only to display AA but to charge the phone as well. I had to soft reset it in order to make it work.

Tell

Staff member
I don't think you would go wrong with 515 whether it would fix it is something else. Certainly people were told to move off the earlier versions of the 5xx series to 515 that had AA problems. You could try the test function in AA that East Yorkshire Retrofit talked about. Jury is still out I reckon on whether 516 is better than 515 or worse. See what Kawaz says who's gone back to 515.

Reactions: Stefan147
Apr 29, 2021
Hello guys someone can help me?
I have Ibiza, my infotainment is
MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T, and i want to update.. i put my SD Card with update, but it show me this Message:
20220403_133414.jpg

Tell

Staff member
Obrigado, mas diga-me, meu carro é MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T.
Qual devo instalar primeiro?
I reckon your question is answered after this post it's 253.

Based on the European enthusiasts library. Unzipped and put on an SD or usb in fat32. All risk is to you. It will reboot a few times, don't interrupt it. Keep engine running.

Apr 29, 2021
Eu acho que sua pergunta foi respondida após este post é 253.

Baseado na biblioteca de entusiastas europeus. Descompacte e coloque em um SD ou usb em fat32. Todo o risco é para você. Ele irá reiniciar algumas vezes, não o interrompa. Mantenha o motor funcionando.
Sorry, but i dont have 253.. i have 252

Apr 29, 2021
I reckon your question is answered after this post it's 253.

Based on the European enthusiasts library. Unzipped and put on an SD or usb in fat32. All risk is to you. It will reboot a few times, don't interrupt it. Keep engine running.
253, is VW version.

Apr 29, 2021
This is the order I should install right? Why can't I go from 0245 to 0515 .. ?

Can i install direct 0515 version?

I currently have: MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0245T

I saw this video and the guy updated it straight to 0330...?

Attachments

• 123456789.png
    123456789.png
    6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:

Tell

Staff member

You cant instal 515 you are on the 2** train, you can't jump trains.

253 is the last version according to the experts that created the database

guest, guest

They may come out out of the woodwork and speak at some stage or you cross East Yorkshire Retrofit with payment for hand holding.

Screenshot_20220403-193929.png

nameless

Aug 10, 2021

Normaly you can go up to 0346, but take care when you go from 02xx to 03xx, you can brick your device. So it's prefer to keep 0253...

Reactions: Tell

Tell

Staff member
Normaly you can go up to 0346, but take care when you go from 02xx to 03xx, you can brick your device. So it's prefer to keep 0253...
I had a feeling there was a back post on the thread by a person who had done it so sent them back to look thru old posts. What they said they really wanted was the grid rather than the rotation display. I gave them the manual text for the toggle of that so they could look for it, but perhaps 3xx was the one where the grid appeared for the first time, so no toggle in 2xx ?. The toggle was put in at some stage for those that liked the rotation on the menu rather than the grid menu for backwards compatibility of the display. All quite since then.

RgB_FR

Oct 8, 2019
I just updated from 359 to 369 on my 2017 fr, can't see any changes, is there a change log anywhere?

Also what is the difference between pq & zr fw, i used the zr version.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise