SW update for MIB2 infotainment system?

nameless

Aug 10, 2021
I dont think it s supporter by this hardware... it tried on a car and it brick the unit... i had to do the special procedure to put a good version again...

nameless

Aug 10, 2021
It s not the same " reference de l appareil" as my friend so mayby it could work... thats mine
20220531_132006.jpg

Reactions: Tell
@nameless is the expert I reckon

It is fraught with problems thou... so it's not advised to change trains on the standard unit. E.g.. 2xx to 3xx, 4xx to 5xx. The high unit software you can as examples of recent.

We can safely update/downgrade from any software number to any software number on the std units

Tell

Staff member
We can safely update/downgrade from any software number to any software number on the std units
Yes, I do give the boards Retrofitter sponsor a plug from time to time. Some like to live on the wild side 😨. I concluded that unless you had programming skills the pdf publication wasn't useful. That language is the one that the youngsters use now. You need a tame programmer if you do it as DIY or be a programmer in modern languages 🤔... or use a retrofitter. It's at the vagaries of what you can do yourself or dig yourself out.

Yes, I do give the boards Retrofitter sponsor a plug from time to time. Some like to live on the wild side 😨. I concluded that unless you had programming skills the pdf publication wasn't useful. That language is the one that the youngsters use now. You need a tame programmer if you do it as DIY or be a programmer in modern languages 🤔... or use a retrofitter. It's at the vagaries of what you can do yourself or dig yourself out.
That PDF looks a difficult way to do it

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Successfully installed 1447 AIO from a USB stick with no issues.

Co-incidental timing that my keyfob is now not responding to the car at all.
I have KESSY so the car prompts me to hold the fob to the side of the steering wheel to start, but I need to lock/unlock the car manually.

Anyone else had this issue or know how to re-pair the fob to the car?

Tell

Staff member
Successfully installed 1447 AIO from a USB stick with no issues.

Co-incidental timing that my keyfob is now not responding to the car at all.
I have KESSY so the car prompts me to hold the fob to the side of the steering wheel to start, but I need to lock/unlock the car manually.

Anyone else had this issue or know how to re-pair the fob to the car?
Have you changed the Kessy battery ?. Heat at the minute may have taken a toll on the battery. Presume the other key works fine. Reprogramming the keys is a dealer task on Kessy. If it's the battery you just pop another one in CR2032 goes in the older Kessy remotes that took CR2025. CR2032 have 50% more capacity. An old Skoda trick to wedge higher capacity batteries in the remote.

I stick to Duracell bought off Amazon Prime to avoid duff batteries.

Have a thread on the Kessy battery change.

I tend to think if the other key works fine and this one doesn't with a good battery then it's the remote failed rather than anything in the car.

My words of wisdom on the subject.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Have you changed the Kessy battery ?. Heat at the minute may have taken a toll on the battery. Presume the other key works fine. Reprogramming the keys is a dealer task on Kessy. If it's the battery you just pop another one in CR2032 goes in the older Kessy remotes that took CR2025. CR2032 have 50% more capacity. An old Skoda trick to wedge higher capacity batteries in the remote.

I stick to Duracell bought off Amazon Prime to avoid duff batteries.

Have a thread on the Kessy battery change.

I tend to think if the other key works fine and this one doesn't with a good battery then it's the remote failed rather than anything in the car.

My words of wisdom on the subject.
Tried both keys and neither worked. Manual lock is also being weird where the doors don't unlock, but the windows open so I'm able to reach in and open the door, but then set the alarm off which doesn't go off until I hold the key to the side of the steering rack to start the engine.
Timing of the upgrade is very suspicious though, is it easy to downgrade?

Tell

Staff member
Tried both keys and neither worked. Manual lock is also being weird where the doors don't unlock, but the windows open so I'm able to reach in and open the door, but then set the alarm off which doesn't go off until I hold the key to the side of the steering rack to start the engine.
Timing of the upgrade is very suspicious though, is it easy to downgrade?
One for the mega experts. To sort out.

You would downgrade via the SWDL command. Hold menu till the second window open with SWDL then you do the start manual download command and all. It will then take a lower or same software release. I don't think that will fix it thou since once something has been set it won't unset by changing firmware.

There is a technique of retraining after a flat kessy battery.

On the Ateca you can use the blade by removing a cap that covers the emergency slot. Might wish to check your manual. Suspect that is your interim fix to get in and out.

It is the first time I've heard of this condition after a firmware update. One for @MIB-Wiki or @Chillout perhaps. It may well be a fluke that your Kessy stopped working at the same time as the firmware update. You didn't hsve a charger connected. I never trust them on modern cars with the electronics in them... why I always say do the update with the engine running.

So question you didn't have a battery charger on it during the process that zapped something. You haven't done any coding.

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Nevermind, new key battery seemed to fix it. Strange that I didn't get a single low battery alert.

I think it was the blood sacrifice my finger made in order to get the key open to change the damn battery...

Tell

Staff member
Nevermind, new key battery seemed to fix it. Strange that I didn't get a single low battery alert.

I think it was the blood sacrifice my finger made in order to get the key open to change the damn battery...
Thank God for that 😍. 👍

The early Atecas don't give you low battery remote warnings but a scan does. Arona circa 2019 do. Somewhere along the line Seat decided it was handy to give you a front screen dash warning on Kessy low battery. I pick mine up from an Obdeleven scan.

nameless

Aug 10, 2021
That PDF looks a difficult way to do it
Yes we know... but we don't life in the UK so we tried by ourself (I know that for the radio update you do it by selling a link but for the rest you need to have the car) and in France or Belgium there are no official rettrofiters, but i know some people with great skills, that help us to make this free pdf, but you have to know what you do... (and you write the same things : " By purchasing this and carrying out the update yourself, you accept responsibility for any damages/costs incurred.") :)

Yes we know... but we don't life in the UK so we tried by ourself (I know that for the radio update you do it by selling a link but for the rest you need to have the car) and in France or Belgium there are no official rettrofiters, but i know some people with great skills, that help us to make this free pdf, but you have to know what you do... (and you write the same things : " By purchasing this and carrying out the update yourself, you accept responsibility for any damages/costs incurred.") :)
We mainly write that because people in the past have removed the SD card/USB half way through updates then tried to blame us for their mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: nameless
Jun 10, 2022
The Netherlands
Is there a solution for my problem on the video?
I have device 5QA035846 with H24 and am also on 0346 after Spanish update a couple of years ago. However I can't get the proper car image on the MIB screen anymore. My car is a 2016 Ibiza ST and the ST image is not available in this version (tried sorting this with VCDS, but no luck. All kinds of ibiza and Leon, but no ST). Will this be sorted if I update to 369?
Did you have any luck updating at all?

Otherwise the H24 unit works well with the 3xx train.

jpmedia

Oct 8, 2020
I have device 5QA035846 with H24 and am also on 0346 after Spanish update a couple of years ago. However I can't get the proper car image on the MIB screen anymore. My car is a 2016 Ibiza ST and the ST image is not available in this version (tried sorting this with VCDS, but no luck. All kinds of ibiza and Leon, but no ST). Will this be sorted if I update to 369?
Did you have any luck updating at all?

Otherwise the H24 unit works well with the 3xx train.
enable develeper, enter testmode , swdl , select all. unselect DUE405 or DUE406,DUE409,DUE410, DUW013, DUW014 is 8 inch.
all must selected on Y except monitor. start update using MST2_EU_SE_ZR_P0253T

Tell

Staff member
That's the Spanish update of jumping trains that you aren't suppose to do. Having jumped trains they were then in a pickle of updating in the new train. Jumping trains without a ticket 😉. Seems to be what happened. It looked correct but shouldn't have been on that train in the first place. That then messed up moving forward from a place they had been manipulated into.

If one applies the rules of staying on the train it came with 2xx etc... upgrade advise is sound within train for the standard units. Other than that you need the professional stuff that's beyond most people. I did say "on paper"... rules had be broken to get there but wasn't told. Does mean secondhand cars and units fiddled with may have upgrade issues to unsuspecting buyers.

Hope we are all having a great day 😂.

Last edited:
Reactions: IbiSeb and nameless
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.