Tail gate light on so can't lock car

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Hi everyone, new to this site, looks good,
I have a problem the sensor on my tailgate
thinks it's open and as a result can't lock the car as the alarm thinks it's been opened and is triggered. Any ideas how to overcome this as I'm not keen on my new pride and joy being unlocked overnight?

MaxKopf

Cupra Arghhhhh
Your problem is more than likely a result of your boot lock being covered in rear windscreen washer fluid, and shorting the electrics out. I had this myself, but luckily for me it was sorted under warranty. Unfortunately it sounds exactly the same as what I had. And that plastic boot lining on the underside of the boot is a right nightmare to get off - but at least you now know your problem!

When I got mine done Seat said that it was a common problem that the washer pipe slowly came off (somewhere in the boot). I also had this problem with my Ibiza cupra sport plus as well.

Last edited:

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Thanks I've looked at that and with a squirt of WD... it seems to have cured it for now.
I was worried leaving it open would disable imobilizer but it seems thats always active. Nice to know.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yup the boot lining seems tricky to remove, also got a problem with the rear wash wipe, so sounds like that's the root of the problem. Cheers for that, guess it's off to Seat... KERCHING!!! more money!!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members