Tank Size

Deleted member 19188

I was under the impression my tank (2007 1.9 TDi) as 45 litres. I had a range of 50 miles left and managed to get 50.5 litres in it! Is it due to the expansion tank, which I did 'bleed' the air out of? I did fill it to the brim, but the filler tube can't be 5 litres can it?

T. Spark

No, ive managed around 50 litre's in before myself give or take. I wouldnt do it unless u were planning on driving and getting rid of atleast 5 litre's of that before you stop incase it expands...

Deleted member 19188

I found I could move the bleed valve with the nozzle of the pump as I was filling up, so didn't take any extra time.
The wifes Audi A6 is the same, only the tank on that is about 70 litres!! :-o

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
How do you bleed the TDI?? I know this might come under FAQ. But I cant be arsed searching! :)

Deleted member 19188

How do you bleed the TDI??
There is a little nipple just inside the filler pipe, if you fill the car right up the neck and then push the nipple over, you'll notice the fuel level drop as the air rushes out of the expansion chamber as the diesel goes in.

Current range on the car is over 500 miles at the moment . . .

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
yes!!!!! that means i get extra fuel in! ideal! currently get 340mile to the tank which int bad for a petrol. take it ill get more then from extra fuel.........yes i drive like a granny on a sunday dinenrtime coming back from whitby.....im under orders tho!

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
yes!!!!! that means i get extra fuel in! ideal! currently get 340mile to the tank which int bad for a petrol. take it ill get more then from extra fuel.........yes i drive like a granny on a sunday dinenrtime coming back from whitby.....im under orders tho!

even when i drive "sensibly" i cant get more than 260 miles from a tank!!! whats that all about???:confused:

R1dd1ck

Unsure!
Sep 7, 2007
Par
even when i drive "sensibly" i cant get more than 260 miles from a tank!!! whats that all about???:confused:

Trainee driving instructor :p

i drive in a higher gear for the speed, 30mph in 4th, 40 in 5th. ur not meant to tho. i keep my revs down below 2500 so the turbo dunt kick in.get about 30mpg round town, 40mpg mway and dont put pedal any further down than i need to. i used to do that but i drank more fuel. Just b light with ur pedal....it works

well about 37mpg on mway to be precise

Last edited:

cuprakel

Feb 10, 2006
Lanarkshire
oh i think my "sensible" driving perhaps isnt as sensible as i thought then!!!

fairplay to you for being able to resist the temptation of the turbo