Tcs light flickering on?

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Need a bit of help really.
As the title says the Tcs light is flickering on and off.. Most days while its good weather i've had the tcs turned off anyway because its only a hinderance but because its flickering on and off it sometimes turns the Tcs back on again....
Its fairly intermitant so am thinking its likely to be a wheel sensor but i haven't got vag-com so can't tell which 1...

With it flickering on and off do you guys think i'm right in thinking that its likely to be wheel sensor????? Or is there other things it could be?

Ta for any help....

Cupra R 231

May 14, 2005
Lincolnshire
Claude: I know how the Tcs works and its been on plenty of times. which is why alot of the time I turn it off, but it ends up turning itself back on again..
Obviously what ever the intermitant fault is, it is just making the Tcs flicker on and off but even when off it ends up reseting back to on again.....

Leegt5:Yeah kinda thought it would be. people say the maf going can bring the light up but I doubt it would flicker on and off like it is doing...

Need to get hold of a lead so I can vag-com it...
Will it only show on vag-com if its doing it at the time or does it store all faults?
I'm guessing it stores them all but thought i'd ask.

Next question will be does anyone know where to get a fairly cheap lead from?

leegriffiths

Feb 18, 2005
exeter
well if you turn the traction control of and it turns it self back on n0w and again got to be a dodge switch...... cause unless you turn it back on it will only go back on when ya restart the car

leegt5

May 17, 2006
Yes Vagcom should tell you if the fault is with a ABS sensor.. If not then Id say the switch !! I herad that the MAF can cause them lights to come on, but when my MAF was dirty they wasn't on and the fault was logged and showed in VAgcom !!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.