TDI Faster for real world driving?

s10mph

VAG car nut
Mar 1, 2008
Thundersley
I think i really comes down to driving styles. The tdi prob feels faster because the boast comes on really quick and is a breeze for overtaking so your more likly to use its performance :) The petrol will suit the driver who likes to plan ahead and loves to rev to the red line :D

Oh the Tdi sounds like a tractor on tickover :cry:

I like tractors, driving a diesel is a different experience, which I've come to like. It doesn't seem to matter how loaded up you are with passengers and luggage, the diesel car doesn't suffer in the performance and economy stakes. Even with 6gears you will have trouble finding the correct gear to get the max performance. The wife always comments that it doesn't matter which gear you are in it always pulls away sufficiently for her driving style, having been a passenger with her she doesn't ever know which gear she is in:doh::doh:
" there too many gears in this car" she usually says.:banghead::banghead:

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
the 1.8 in the ibizas in a 4 cylinder. 5 valves per cylinder.

and i used to hate diesels but im completely in love with my fr. get the diesel re-mapped and your sorted, itl boost then hold it to the limiter if needs be. Overtaking is a doddle, the roads near me that i know well you can overtake multiple cars safely without dropping it down. and they keep up with the ep3 type r's no worries. Im plenty happy enough :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.