Tdi FR 18'' Alloy Kerbed

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
hi,

Found somebody who can do it at the end of this week or start of next week for, at most £65. The local BMW garrage use him as the "in house" repair and touch up guy so he must be ok. Website http://www.bodyfixplus.co.uk/ Will report back how things go with before and after shots for the benefit of others.

Seat dealer quoting £120 for new tyre (18" dunlop), same as the others all fitted, called others and it seams reasonable.

I may keep the old tyre and offer it on here and eBay, it may do for burning off at a track day by somebody. Im sure it will fit other cars by people who arent so worried about chunks missing from the walls.

Stuart

Last edited:

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
UPDATE:

Have got tyre fitted and wheel repaired, total for tyre was was £147. Alloy cost £65 to repair and took about 1.5 hours.

SL371348.jpg
BEFORE

SL371356.JPG
AFTER

He got the colour match right first time, was mosly a "Maserati Anthracite" and a touch of "Standard Audi Silver" to lighten it up. I dont know if these are standard names but thats what was on the bottle. The images do look diffirent but thats cos of flash and ambient light are diffirent between the images.

The repairer was http://www.bodyfixplus.co.uk/ and the guy called Stuart (just like me) and is based at Kemnay near Inverurie near Aberdeen.

I had him also do the other front one which had a scuff all round the rim when i bought the car from the dealer. I had got an extra £100 of the car cos of the damaged wheel to pay for a repair. Both Wheels cost a total of £120 inc vat.

Stuart

rich RS

Ibiza 1.4 TSI ACT 150 FR
Aug 5, 2006
Driving some where!
SL371348.jpg

Ive taken a chunk of rubber out, i think its just part of the rim protector but will probably get the tyre changed to be on the safe side.

SL371349.jpg

you can see where the wheel went in and left rubber to the left of the aleady dammaged kerb.

Was actually quite far from the kerb but the wheel was on half lock so went into the kerb and i think thats where the chunk came off the tyre. Perhaps if it was a rotten old concrete kerb as opposed to a old granite one then the kerb would have came off worse!

Those kerbs are the worst offenders when they come in to contact with alloy wheels, keep clear of them at all times.

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Caught a wheel today - came off the kerb at a narrower angle than usual as Im fed up catching the mudflap. Kerb got the alloy instead on the way down [:@]
Thats 3 out of 4 done now. Not major but it annoys me. Time for a rethink on wheels, you may see some used FR rims for sale soon :lol:

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
kerbed 17" pallas alloy for Sylance

I have also recently kerbed a front rim on a kerbstone that was sticking out. Was almost stationary, but it took a chunk out of the alloy rim. Will try to claim against council, but they are normally bullit proof with a good list of excuses. Don`t know if it`s better to try and find an `as new` rim or have it repaired.

I`m in Essex, can anyone recommend a good repairer or have a pallas wheel? :(

Gordon F

I never used the one I got from David, and now the car is gone, so they are up for the price I paid for them here

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.