Tdi FR 18'' Alloy Kerbed

Gordon F

Did it last Friday, totally my own fault. Had parked the car and a delivery van had boxed me in, so instead of waithing for the driver to return and move off, I tried an exotic reversing manoevre and scraped the edge of the wheel along the kerb :( Not major damage but annoying all the same. Has anyone here had the grey wheels refurbished anywhere, or better still, has anyone got a mint second hand one for sale? New one is around £280 from the dealers.

Heff27

I had a the inside of my White FR wheel damaged on pick up, the dealer fixed the wheel and made a very good job....

I also had a Renault Megane before with Anthercite Alloys, in Swindon there was a guy that repaired the scraps and looked as good as new for £50.00

I would try your dealer mate, as they might know a good repairer and supply the paint to them

Hope it goes well mate

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
this may help u on a refurb. kerbed mine and had mine refurbed from a VW bodyshop.

normal_ABCD0002.JPG

http://images.ukcs.net/11530/ABCD0002.JPG

to view bigger pic

Mar 30, 2008
Edinburgh
cost £60 a wheel including refurb and paint.

it's an Audi titan anthracite. looks like a gun metal colout. love it and get a lot of attention with them.

had my front bumper sprayed like a cupra. matt black below number plate and bottom of bumper for about £100. makes the car look totally different.

DaveysFR

May 28, 2008
Northern Ireland: Limavady
My usual bodyshop fixed two of mine last month. I had to go up a narrow street and there was an X5 coming towards me so went over too far and caught the kerb [:@]

They were refurbed and cost around £30 ar rim as they werent too bad.

The paint used was a perfect match: Ford Machine Silver

Xe

Where is the best place to source alloy touch up paint? I have some kind of Anthracite shimmery silver/grey replica alloys. So have no idea what the paint code is. So any tips on where to source or match would be appreciated.

mitchathome

I need to have my nearside front repaired and have been in touch with a couple of local garages who say it would be difficult to paint match. I have the 18" Andromeda wheels, anyone know of a place in Kent or surrounding area that can do the job ??

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
yeah i think iv now done 3 of the 4 rims lol. when there dirty you carnt really tell there kerbed, plus u crnt see when im moving aswell lol.

Il get them refurbed some time soon though for peace of mind.

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
"had my front bumper sprayed like a cupra. matt black below number plate and bottom of bumper for about £100. makes the car look totally different"

Chan

Regarding painting your FR front bumper to match the cupra. Do you have any pics? and who did it for you?

Regards
Mike Shaw
57FRTdi, Chono, 18", Cupra Black Grill, BT, Armrest, Alu Pack, Muddies and Mats

Gordon F

I have 6 mint almost new rims and 2 very very very slightly marked. You could ask the dealer for a discount - we get good buying discount on these :whistle:
Who do I need to speak to about geting a mint one?

Gordon F

Sorted :D David (seremotors) sent me two over to check before I sent payment to him. Great gesture and very much appreciated. Thanks very much David.

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi Guys,

Got my new FR on Saturday and ive already hurt it. Was parking infornt of house (like i have millions of times with a few diffirent cars with no probs) but today i cought this kerb which was dammaged and made a mess of the tyre and alloys... See pix below.

SL371348.jpg

Ive taken a chunk of rubber out, i think its just part of the rim protector but will probably get the tyre changed to be on the safe side.

SL371349.jpg

you can see where the wheel went in and left rubber to the left of the aleady dammaged kerb.

Was actually quite far from the kerb but the wheel was on half lock so went into the kerb and i think thats where the chunk came off the tyre. Perhaps if it was a rotten old concrete kerb as opposed to a old granite one then the kerb would have came off worse!

Have emailed the dealer to see what they can do and will have a look around the place to see what others do.

Does anybody know of alloy repair places in Aberdeen/NE Scotland?

Stuart

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members