The Boc's on Coilies! UPDATE Page 1 (some new spring photo's)

mainaman

Feb 19, 2010
London
I can't afford coilies now,but the ARB is within reach.I just don't know if it would be an worthy suspension upgrade without coilies as i don't find the Cupra's rear to be very wallowy.

I think that the front needs bigger ARB more than the rear as the Cupra,while having relatively stiff dampers and springs,rolls a little on turn-in-i think that the standard suspension,which i don't find crashy,would be good enough to never contemplate buying coilies if it was little stiffer still,had bigger front ARB,rear ARB was standard and the ride was at least 10mm lower.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
I think even some lower better quality springs along with the rear ARB would be a nice compromise. I can certainly tell the difference with the rear ARB as I mentioned. Its not a huge or complicated mod so if you dont like it you can always sell it on. I'm sure you'll feel the benefit though.

The standard mk5 cupra suspension and handling in gerneral is a lot better than my mk4 cupra IMO.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
I wanted to order the same as Mardon but in Belgium this is impossible since the coilovers are for the diesel version which is forbidden over here
So I need a coilover develloped for the FR Tsi
The only ones available are Bilstein
Does anyone has expierience with them ?
Mardon ?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
My dad's mazda mx5 has bilstein coilovers and eibach springs. It rides amazing. Thats all I know.

Why can't you put the diesel ones on? Thats what I have on mine? I'm sure they will change the listing to show they go on the TSI as well.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Pretty sure they have already changed the listing on quite a few for the 6J to include the TSi.

My coil overs turned up today, yippie!

photo.jpg

So coil overs and wheels on Saturday :)

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
mmmmmmmm those look awesome mate!!!!! I cannot wait to see the pics once it is all on. I think it is gonna look awesome.

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
If you just get lowering springs from the dealer then i was told it doesnt void any warranty as long as fitted properly (they dont have to fit them).

But ive also heard off a couple of people that if you use coilovers then it only voids certain parts on suspension such as bushes etc? can anyone shed any light?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
If you just get lowering springs from the dealer then i was told it doesnt void any warranty as long as fitted properly (they dont have to fit them).

But ive also heard off a couple of people that if you use coilovers then it only voids certain parts on suspension such as bushes etc? can anyone shed any light?

You are correct in both statements. So basically I have no warranty on bushes and drop links etc. If any of those did go wrong i'd just get powerflex versions anyway. Aweseome will give me a 1 year warranty with the parts and most probably labour, after that the parts are covered by eibach and Awesome said they'd go me a good deal on the labour. They certainly aren't out to shaft anyone. That’s why I went to a big name like Awesome because you know they'll look after you.

I’m actually going to my dealership tonight about another warranty issue. My cupra badge in the engine bay has come off while driving. I’ve been practicing my belly laugh in case they say it’s come off due to the stiffer suspension (it’s not actually stiffer and it happened before the suspension was fitted). They are mostly good blokes at my seat dealership so I can’t see anything like that happening but i’ll be sure to make a huge noise about it on here if they do.

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
Haha sounds interesting then :p good luck!

With regards to suspension ive been speaking to awesome too recently about some coilovers and a rear ARB, even though ive only got a 1.4 5 door sport i still want it a bit lower than the 25mm it is already, lowered it on factory eibach springs 2 weeks ago, some prob think its a waste but each to their own :) and i definately agree from just speaking to awesome they seem a good bunch!

JayWard

Feb 10, 2010
And also like you said bushes and drop links dont cost that much anyway and if they did easy enough job to replace with better ones ;)

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
I 2nd that went to my dealers on weds and when i was there i asked about the warrenty when i fit coilovers and he said things like drop links and bushes would be void but the rest is fine. Might depend on dealers tho i guess, im lucky as mine is cool[B)]

All i need now is to deside wot coilovers i want and where to get them set up properly :)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Just got back they'll be sorting my cupra engine bay badge so its all good.

I really would recommend the eibach's, they have been great. Comfort alone is better which is something I was not expecting.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members