the ibiza that got me hooked

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
well for a 1st car she aint exactly bad! :)

1.2 12v Seat Ibiza 2004

Standard at the moment - still havent passed my test...(but i'm taking it on the 22nd November)

So some pictures of her as a standard bezza -

45233_452570398523_537883523_6269123_2634068_n.jpg

39803_449347878523_537883523_6190501_751649_n.jpg

1st Mod - De-Badged

IMG00034-20100905-1353.jpg

IMG00037-20100905-1432.jpg

2nd Mod - Interior Aluminium

IMGP0979.jpg

IMGP0983.jpg

IMGP0984.jpg

IMGP0985.jpg

more mods soon!

:)

Last edited:

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Mods So Far - De Badged, Aluminium Gear Surround & Air Vent Surrounds Mods To Be Done - HID's or DRL's, New Head-Unit, RS4 Replica Alloys, Coilovers, FR Rear Lights & Honeycomb Grill, Tinted Windows, K&N Panel Filter

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Ha ha yeah I passed 1st time :) just need some advice on side lights now, have a nose on my other thread called 'Advice On Modifications' (I think that's what I called it ha ha :lol:)

mark_eisner

Jul 18, 2010
mark.theeisners.co.uk
Nice looking car, I have a smoke silver 1.2 as well. Haven't done too many mods yet (trying to get 15 posts so I can post up piccies and get comments). How much did you have to pull off to get at the centre air vent surrounds?

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
bought......bad news guys :(

crashed tonight in my bezza - hit some black ice & a dip in the road at the same time while on a slight bend in the road span across the road hit the curb bounced off into another curb to then smack a small sign

only a small dent on the passenger wing however ruined the fron passenger wheel & i think something underneath too :(

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Unlucky mate, hopefully its nothing to expensive. The roads are absolutely lethal at the moment just got to take it easy. Couldnt even get my car going in a straight line after reversing out the drive this morning!

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
havent taken to many pictures till a bit shaken up because i was so so sure it was going to roll (but she stuck to the road like **** on carpet (one of my dads sayings :))

hope it isnt to expesnive but if it is well then i shall pay so my lil bezza is back to full health :)

my dad said to me once i passed my test 'until you have an accident you wont be a good driver'...now i have had an accident we shall see if i get any better at driving :lol:

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
havent taken to many pictures till a bit shaken up because i was so so sure it was going to roll (but she stuck to the road like **** on carpet (one of my dads sayings :))

hope it isnt to expesnive but if it is well then i shall pay so my lil bezza is back to full health :)

my dad said to me once i passed my test 'until you have an accident you wont be a good driver'...now i have had an accident we shall see if i get any better at driving :lol:

Always give you an excuse to upgrade things to. Slight ding in the passenger wing? Better get a facelift bumper :D ;)

Your Dad probably has a point as well can bring you back to earth. Still waiting for my first crash though..almost 2 years now

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
my mate has a clio and he has uprated his brakes (new pads and discs) and although its a 1.2..cmon brakes could save your life? so i may uprate those when i do the alloys and then i shall look at some facelift bumpers & a cupra rear end :)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
my mate has a clio and he has uprated his brakes (new pads and discs) and although its a 1.2..cmon brakes could save your life? so i may uprate those when i do the alloys and then i shall look at some facelift bumpers & a cupra rear end :)

Unlucky mate, hopefully its not too bad/expensive! As said previously, the roads are lethal atm. I was sliding about this morning doing 20mph on an A road near my house, then felt the car twitching on the motorway earlier tonight! Lets just say I nearly had different coloured underwear on from when I left the house :happy:

Just so you know, the rears on the FR's and Cupra's are the same. Well the facelifted FR's anyway :)

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
I have to say I do agree with you dad, a bent car sorted me and my mates out when we first passed. Bit of a right of passage, makes you understand the limits of the car a bit more I think. Just be thankful to learn the lesson this way rather than doing something a lot worse like some we all know.

A wing is fairly easy to replace if you wanted to do it yourself. As for the bits behind the wheel, could be a wishbone or something which migh then pave the way for poly/cupra bushes whilst its in. As they may well be fooked on inspection anyway.

Also an excuse no doubt for some alloys and possibly some decent rubber to keep you on the road.

Must say brakes on a 1.2 do the job fine the car is light as can be and they all be it dont look the best behind 17" alloys, but do the job very well.

Last edited:

Blanco92

www.racedriversinc.com
Apr 11, 2010
Bournemouth/Cheshire
Sorry to hear about what happened Marksy.

Since passing my test in May I had a couple of moments soon after passing, looking back now I wouldn't be so stupid as to drive like that again.

Not had an accident yet myself though... :think:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Not too drastic!

I reckon the wing damage is a simple panel-beating job to knock it back to the right place and a cheap respray to sort it.

This is a good excuse to get some alloys and facelift bumper then :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.