the ibiza that got me hooked

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
just got back from the garage....£250 bill - i've bent the lower arm on the passenger side :( havent got enough money to buy the facelift bumper yet haha

car is going to be sorted by tomorrow night hopefully :)

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
60 :( ...car is all fixed now :) so good to have her back, only went without her or a day ha ha.

Looking at updated brakes & suspension at the moment :)

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Hmm was stupid to be doing 60, but there is inexperience for you!! Use the spare to get home an then found the tyre was bold so got a new tyre on the spare and I'm now using that as the main wheel until I get some alloys :)

Planning on (paying my debt off with my dad now ha ha) then buy alloys, updated brake discs and pads then suspension :) I'm sure new bumpers will creep in their some time too :)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I wouldnt bother with uprated disks and pads on a 1.2 mate, at most I'd get better pads. For all the power that the car has combined with being pretty light, the standard components are enough.

I'd pass the brakes and go onto the bumpers :p

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
^^ what he says, i think the standard brakes are very good tbh, although mines have disks at the back, dont suppose they would make much difference though. I would not spend any money on a low power n/a engine, really is just throwing money down the drain imo. I am saving just now to buy a turbo diesel next year :funk:

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
ah fair enough then, shall take your advice on board - what do you think about the suspension though? should i just get lowering springs or spend a bit more money on coilovers?? just thinking that i saw an ibiza the other day on 17" and it looked to high...so want mine to have a nice low stance - BUT NO RUBBING (if im lucky :lol:)

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
right looking for another spare wheel.....what are the figures i need??

i was told that i need 165/70/R14/81 <-- yes or no??

cheers guys :)

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
also looking at a set of 17" alloys which are 4 stud, my ibiza is 5 stud though :( is an adapter made to change the stud pattern from 5 to a 4?? :confused:

cant really miss these alloys 50 quid for the set (without tyres though :()

marksy93

Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
its alright thought about how much tyres would cost on top of that etc, so shall wait for a little bit longer until the bonus in march :) (rs4 alloys? i think so :lol:)

bought a spare 14" steel yesterday...35quid inc tyre & delivery :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise