the ibiza that got me hooked

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
Soz to hear about ya ding, I'm still waiting on insurance to sort out mine as i was hit on the NS by a guy in a Landrover towing a trailer when he changed lanes into me. They guy has tried saying it was me that ran into him, **** end! [:@]
The damage shows i could not have caused it due to the direction. What a :censored:!
He asked me not to go through the insurance (I let my insurance know of this straight away) then when he couldn't afford a grand for the repair he said we'd have to go through insurance and is now trying to fight it. :wtf:

Check these out!

Photo5.jpg

Photo8.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Least you got yours sorted and ya had no injuries mate.
I'm after HID's too as the standards are ****, i got use to the Bi-Xenons on my RX8 (231) and these just don't cut it!
I think Audi wheels have been done to death really. I wouldn't go for black wheels, i'd be going gun metal/Silver on a grey car, especially with FR/Cupra rear lights. I probably wouldn't go 18's on a 1.2 either as they'll sap too much power. I'm even sticking with 17's on my Cupra, thats if i don't just refurb the originals as I'm all for engine mod's but not body mod's, although i don't mind subtle changes.
Will be nice to see what ya do to yours though.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
It took about an hour and half, the instructions was quite bad and didn't even mention it needed earthing and connecting to the battery but i asked on here and people guided me through.

I'd go for it , the difference is huge and it wont take too long!

My kit didn't need connecting to the battery or earthing.. :rolleyes:

It was simply connecting the bulbs to the ballast, and the ballast to the original bulb socket.

Dead easy to fit; bit that took longest was drilling a 1 inch hole in the covers! However if you get slimline ballasts that isn't needed.

I got mine from HIDS4U; a bit more expensive than eBay HID products, but they are much better quality items with a 2 year warrantee. Would recommend them any day.

Just don't do what I did, and mount them upside down and wonder why the beam pattern is weird :doh:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
He asked me not to go through the insurance (I let my insurance know of this straight away) then when he couldn't afford a grand for the repair he said we'd have to go through insurance and is now trying to fight it. :wtf:

Same thing happened to my dad. An Asian guy in an RX8 ran into the back of my dad's Defender (was in there with him) whilst texting. We were stopped in traffic and weren't moving. Our tow bar was bent out of place, and it punctured a large hole in his bumper (which was already smacked up from a previous accident of his).

He begged us to not go through insurance, and that he'd pay for it. After receiving a £600 quote to fit a new tow bar, he asked to go through insurance and then before we know it, he's trying to claim against us! He told the insurance company that we rolled back into him.... We'd had to of been 'rolling' pretty dang fast to bend a land rover tow bar :rolleyes:

However he'd done this, AFTER sending us a chain of e-mails apologising and explaining how he'd pay for the work. So we're now taking him to court for fraud. :p

Veyron

Dec 3, 2009
Birmingham
so basically advantages are = bluey and brighter light & disadvantages are = pain in the bloody ass to fit?

Yes pretty much! Other advantages are:

They give off a lot more light
Use less energy
Last longer

They aren't too bad to fit, i'd sacrifice a few hours though becauyse they did take me longer than what everyone else was claiming it took them!

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
Soz to hear about ya ding, I'm still waiting on insurance to sort out mine as i was hit on the NS by a guy in a Landrover towing a trailer when he changed lanes into me. They guy has tried saying it was me that ran into him, **** end! [:@]
The damage shows i could not have caused it due to the direction. What a :censored:!

Check these out!

Photo5.jpg

Photo8.jpg

Photo3.jpg

Photo1.jpg

Least you got yours sorted and ya had no injuries mate.
I'm after HID's too as the standards are ****, i got use to the Bi-Xenons on my RX8 (231) and these just don't cut it!
I think Audi wheels have been done to death really. I wouldn't go for black wheels, i'd be going gun metal/Silver on a grey car, especially with FR/Cupra rear lights. I probably wouldn't go 18's on a 1.2 either as they'll sap too much power. I'm even sticking with 17's on my Cupra, thats if i don't just refurb the originals as I'm all for engine mod's but not body mod's, although i don't mind subtle changes.
Will be nice to see what ya do to yours though.

may get an HID kit soon then & sorry to hear about the **** in a land rover...not like he couldnt of seen you in a bright yellow car eh? not sure about getting fr rear lights yet but i am going to get facelifted front end and cupra rear end.

hope insurance pay up too!!

Dabbalz

Sep 7, 2010
West Yorkshire
I'm glad it wasn't in my RX8, i'd of been even more gutted. Loved the drive and the look of it but the cupra 20VT has so much more low down grunt and i get double MPG out of it. I still can't help checking the oil every other day on this after owning an RX8 lol

I like the FR/Cupra rear lights.
Is it possible to have the internals sprayed as it will keep the depth to them instead of tinting them and loosing the look. I've seen the headlight internals done.

marksy93

In an Ibiza..FR This Time
Aug 26, 2010
N.Yorkshire
ah ha RX8 too? very nice.

UPDATE :) :lol:

bought and fitted my new radio over xmas (wasnt an xmas prezzie though :( ) however loving the new radio -

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

phillpotts92

Buy Cheap, Buy Twice! :D
Oct 2, 2010
Bristol.
www.seatcupra.net
Just stumbled across this thread mate, cars looking good LOVE the colour, wish i had my ibiza in that colour ;) lmao.

Check out my RR to see my HID's they were £70 off fleebay but are sooooooo worth it! easy to fit too.

Theres other stuff on there too including the cupra lights if you wondered what they look like on the grey colour.

Shame about that accident though man i had similar but they written mine off!!!! my damage was a lil bit worse (page 1 on rr) but i can imagine you were just as pissed off as i was as we all love our MK4's lol.

look forward to an update mate as im always in for ideas for the old beeza. Red stitched leather gear gaitor to replace that horrible vinyl one in the beeza next (is in the post now so watch out for the update lol).

BTW WHAT YOUR DAD SAID ABOUT THE CRASH IS SOO TRUE! I thought i was an awsome driver (as does every 17yr old lol) and after the crash it makes you drop back down to reality and you see that you really do need to improve. I thought this after my 2nd accident where i flipped a ford KA into a ditch full of water!!! WASNT PLEASENT and it really does like i said put you back into reality!!!

SOrry for rambling bud but thought i would comment on the whole RR lol.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.