The Leon has arrived :)

ShakaStyle

Shocking mate. Just waiting for my new door car which is knackered because it was only held on with half the screws (all cross threaded) and the other half were in the bottom of the door. First and last SEAT.

Terrible to hear mate and not promising for a first time Leon buyer awaiting delivery.

Hope it all gets sorted.

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
I doubt you can reject as there putting it right, certainly try and get free services from the dealer.

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
Only just caught up with this - rather shocking state of affairs really. Main thing, inconvenience aside, is that it is being repaired, hopefully properly this time. (freebie FR bumper Dephead? :) )

@DeanC - biggest issue with using power tools on these sorts of things (as they do) is that one has no idea whether the screw / bolt has gone in straight or not - and in the name of mass production, doing things properly is less of a priority than doing them quickly. [:@]

Thankfully - other than a slightly squeaky clutch pedal and self detatching numberplate, I have not come across anything on mine yet. Although I think one or two rattles may be starting to show themselves, but difficult to tell at this time of year as whenever I shift in my seat to try and locate them when moving, all I can hear is the rustling of coat fabric, by which time the road surface has changed and the rattle has gone.

That said, this has already proved to be more reliable than my last new car (Mazda 3) which broke down with 600 miles on the clock and was off the road for 6 weeks, waiting for a part to turn up on a boat.

Personally, I could tolerate body panels and rattle rectification but if it were to turn mechanical and / or be reliability related then that might be a different story.

I've had cars with issues in the past from new - I had an 03 plate ibiza which turned up from the factory with a tennis-ball sized dent in the rear wing and a series of cracked and ill-fitted interior panels. It all got fixed, but it doesn't half dent (excuse pun) your faith in the vehicle when things like this happen.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.