think i got a big problem

chris_20vt

:cry::cry:

Just come off work this morning and was giving it some felt gud, came to the a road and there was a broken down car in the inside lane so traffic was backed up finally got past that and accelerated still felt gud got to a roundabout then there was no power dosnt fell like the turbo is kicking in at all. But there are no lights on the dash, u can still hear the dump valve (reserc) sorry to sound stupid dont really know much bout cars somebody plz help me

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
what the nice chap said above.

if there is juddering and a slight eggy smell then it is most likely coilpacks.

your best bet is to take the coilpacks out of cylinder's 1 + 2 and give them a smell. (due to them being very easy to get to)

if there is like a burnt smell in there then they are knackered. also while your at it, if you have the ability, check your spark plugs too.

if you find its 1 or 2 coilpacks, your best off replacing all 4 as once 1 goes its likely the others will.

this is all experience from a month long problem ive had with mine. :)

best of luck buddy

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
sounds like temporary limp mode to me - get it on vagcom to check what is causing it.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
sounds like temporary limp mode to me - get it on vagcom to check what is causing it.

yep. often restarting the car can clear it but if it persists or comes back then it needs scanning for faults. maf,coils,temp gauge, could be anything on its way out but its all fixable:)

chris_20vt

hi guys thanks for ur help sorry i aint replied back for a while just been really busy at the mo. it was the n75 valve had come out the clip that help it in wasnt there and it just popped out, i took it to psi tuning in stoke on trent they are a sound bunch of people and very helpful aswell, spent bout an hour wiv em talkin bout getting more horses from my car just a shame its going to cost so much to do it then agen its already 220bhp so its enough for now :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise