Thrashing the car when the oil is low!

steffers

Jun 19, 2009
chippenham
i have to ask....why buy a car that the bonnet didnt open on and that was "a bit noisy" i cant believe that anybody would by a car without being able to look under the bonnet that was "a bit noisy" and why have you just bought two of the same cars and now want to get rid of one.......?

im very confused,

lots of money???

ill take some towards a FMIC :D

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
i have to ask....why buy a car that the bonnet didnt open on and that was "a bit noisy" i cant believe that anybody would by a car without being able to look under the bonnet that was "a bit noisy" and why have you just bought two of the same cars and now want to get rid of one.......?

im very confused,

i paid £1200 for the car. it was from a fleet auction. my brother and i do part time car trade you see. the leon isnt a bad car i prefer them over VW to be honest as everyone around here has golfs. i wanted something different. it wasnt noisy when we bought it it was noisy after the loss of power.

its costing me in total with tax and indemnities $1350 so thats what id let it go for

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
dont think id pay 1350 pence for a car where the oil is low and thrashed, then topped up with 2 litres of oil so now its overfilled.... and the bonnet wouldnt open, doesnt give much confidence for the quality of the rest of the car... id hope when you resell that all these bits will be advertised with it. no offence but i dont htink id buy a car from you as traders.

good luck

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
not offering anyone on here it anyway. obviously going to sell in mentioning the problems. the oil light wasnt on when we collected the car and the bonnet not opening - its a £10 job to get it open? everyone makes mistakes. this is mine but not going to lose to much on the car. must be worth something to someone out there so whatever. if your going to reply stick to the thread itself dont spam it with your opinions on the car or me. if your going to reply at least try be helpful rather than knocking it

&rew

That's what she said
Nov 13, 2006
Ipswich, Suffolk
Take a joke man!

To be honest, your question has already been answered. Either too much oil causing limp mode or you've knackered the lump/turbo.

Best of luck getting it sorted!

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
Take a joke man!

To be honest, your question has already been answered. Either too much oil causing limp mode or you've knackered the lump/turbo.

Best of luck getting it sorted!

sorry just people getting at me and im gutted! i really am! i think its knackered. i keep you posted :) i would thave kept it as a run around but what can ya do. im young n make mistakes :) lol should have just bought a vtec if i wanted something quick

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
well people on here value their cars and spend loads of cash on them, when cases of neglect, bragging racing saxos and such like come along then i dont think id be suprised if i got rinsed tbh mate...

in answer to the question, vagcom it, get all th oil drained out and hope youve not goosed it, re fill with proper oil as you would a service.

reset the ecu and hope limp mode goes away. if the turbo doesnt work at all then id say thats gone aswell, which is gonna cost you more than you payed for the car in the first place.

£1200 for a leon cupra or r whatever it is is ridiculusly low, so i think id expect problems at that price.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
sorry just people getting at me and im gutted! i really am! i think its knackered. i keep you posted :) i would thave kept it as a run around but what can ya do. im young n make mistakes :) lol should have just bought a vtec if i wanted something quick

2nd thing to not state on this forum is you should have bought a vtec......

the leons are quick, and dont have to be trashed to 6k to get any power from them, what you should have done as said is 1 not thrashed it with no oil in, 2 not put two litres in and then maybe not payed 1200quid for a leon.

rant over:ban::banned:

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
2nd thing to not state on this forum is you should have bought a vtec......

the leons are quick, and dont have to be trashed to 6k to get any power from them, what you should have done as said is 1 not thrashed it with no oil in, 2 not put two litres in and then maybe not payed 1200quid for a leon.

rant over:ban::banned:

thats my opinion i should have bought one? not what everyone agrees on but bulletproof engines. and a tuned vtec is very quick?

and for that price it was from a fleet auction. as i said im trade so not going to pay the full expected price because i wouldnt make anything? as said before the car was ok untill i cocked it up so like i said my mistake. and as for ban on what basis? for stating my opinion on a vtec? thats a bit sad if you can only see seat. should give an open verdict on all cars as there is always going to be a better car out there regardless of what you drive

w14ntd

Jul 8, 2009
im only 19 give me a break lol. o well i just wait till next year and pull a 4wd monster out

danny20vt

going back to basics
£1200 for a leon cupra or r whatever it is is ridiculusly low, so i think id expect problems at that price.

I got mine for £1500 and to be honest I technically bought mine without looking under the bonnet although i was promised my deposit back in full if it wasn't to my expectations, high mileage but FSSH and it's been a dream since i got it 6 months ago (including my foot falling on the accelarator a few times;))

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise