Throttle Body Seal????

gti_jonathan

Hi I have a 1998 Mk2 Seat ibiza cupra sport which I just bought a new throttle body for because there was acceleration lag.

Just come back from the garage who fitted it and it its idling all over the place, they said I need a new throttle body seal, until then I'm left with a car that's bumbling and idling funny.

Is there actually such a thing as a throttle body seal? if so where can I get one?

Also I'm driving to London in two days, 400 mile round trip, is there anything I can do to help in the short term?

Thanks

Dec 17, 2006
Bristol
Gasket I would think.

In the meantime..... well..... two vital tools: WD40 and gaffa tape. The latter may be your friend this time!

gti_jonathan

Gasket I would think.

In the meantime..... well..... two vital tools: WD40 and gaffa tape. The latter may be your friend this time!

ok thanks, excuse my ignorance but what is a gasket and where could I get one?

gti_jonathan

rather than Gaffer tape, try getting some 'self-amalgamating tape, its a rubberised strtchy tape and will possibly offer a better seal...

is that the white tape that you use on pipes?

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
gasket is linke a paper/cloth/metal paper that fits inbetween two mounting surfaces...makes a seal...They were £2 from dealers last time i bought one..self amalgamating tape is black looks like insolating tape,,,your cut a strip, stretch in several times and then wrap around whilst keep stretching it...good stuff

gti_jonathan

gasket is linke a paper/cloth/metal paper that fits inbetween two mounting surfaces...makes a seal...They were £2 from dealers last time i bought one..self amalgamating tape is black looks like insolating tape,,,your cut a strip, stretch in several times and then wrap around whilst keep stretching it...good stuff

Thanks, I will be going to the Volkswagan garage to get a gasket tomorrow!

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
was just about to say stealers as well, as i'm going to take my TB off soon and clean it out proper, and its cheap as chips!