Track Days SEAT UK

mALLA

Apr 19, 2006
Sussex
Does anyone know if its possible to find out your cars "hidden" history if at all. cos since people have been saying, low milage year old ones, particulary silver. im worried.

I got mine at around 1,350 miles and its silver (05) not that long ago 5/06.

If i do find out that it has been involved in anything i can feel a sale of goods act comming on :p

I did speak to Simon Howarth at revo, and he did a "check" about track days etc, if its been remapped before and didnt find anything.

But i admit the brake pads were quite worn at 2,500 miles (about half ish) when i changed them for ds2500.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
lol @ sales of goods act, I would research that further before claiming that.

low mileage cars for their age should always be considered as track cars.

worst case is that it needs brakes & tyres early. That's all.

gazjones

i got my fr 20vt ibiza a year old with only 1600 miles on it and previouse owner was seat uk but i think that many siver cars are used as demonstrators os people might drive them hard to see what the car can do! but as said before if its been looked after then nothing to worry about

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
I bounce mine off the limiter all the time and have done for the last 35,000 miles and there is nowt wrong with it. (and before I get flamed about there being no power over 6000 rpm, I know)

Get some new brake pads (and check the discs aren't warped), change the fluid too in case of boiling, get a 4 wheel alignment and if alls well, put it out of your mind!

Last edited:

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
for those lucky enough to have won the drive with a wtcc driver last month you would have seen that they where using black,red and siver leon's
so i dont think they stayed to just siver
i know someone who has a yellow EX seat trackday car it even had a roll cage but they took it out before he bought it

Riddick_m3

Mar 17, 2005
Sudbury, Suffolk
hi mate not bad thanks been busy with work lately saving up for the new car and new baby is here in 11 weeks! thatrs why i havent been to any meets lately, will try to make another soon though, hows things with you?

The Cupra Kid

A member since the start!
Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
My turn........

I've learnt the hard way, and spoken to a few people...on this site and a Seat sales man... used SILVER LCR's are at a higher risk of being used at ragged to bits track day cars...FACT! All this rubbish about you will need to change the brake pads sooner...come on, what a load of crap! These car have been flogged to death, think about it... would you drive you pride and joy you have paid a lot of money for like you stole it...i think not! would you if it was not yours....hummmm! These cars should have its history FULLY disclosed to the new buyer...but they never will...cos you would'nt buy it!
Tracking the history is impossable, my dealer tried and failed! well thats the story I got!

These cars get dented, smashed, ragged, repaired....then sold as a used car. I know, I had one!

All you can do if cross your fingers its OK, if not, go back to a the dealer and see what they do about it! As a tip, have a look in the service book and see whats written as the owner... seat uk or seat special operations!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Ain't no such thing as a free lunch. If you wanted a new car, buy a new car. If you buy a second hand one - do the research first. All manufacturers will have ex demo/track models

Same reason only fools buy orange focus ST's (all press cars were orange)

BUT, when you buy any 2nd hand car you should check it over, and verify it's history. caveat emptor

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
caveat emptor? mark, your knowledge of the english language is superlative.......if only i knew what it meant :shrug:

The Cupra Kid

Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
Yeah, fully understand what your saying m0rk, but what would you rather buy a 2000mile dealer ex-demo, been up and down the motorway, through the town...that sort of thing OR a 2000mile ragged to bits ex Seat track car????

Just make sure you know the history BEFORE you buy!

The Cupra Kid

Jun 16, 2001
Now in Lincolnshire!
oh, and those orange FST's (which i love the colour of) are a limited edition colour, only 500 were produced, so the odd's on buy an ex-press car are alot smaller!!!!

And its a ford...so your a fool if you buy one anyway ;)

CASSMAN

auto emocion
Dec 20, 2004
scotland
Eureka! (cassman takes note, to add to his extensive repertoire) Muchos gracias....(spanish for thank you, mark) [B)]

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.