True delivery times

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Which Dealer did you use? Im in the Northwest too ( Stockport ) Was told 12 weeks Ordered a Cupra on the 30th Dec.

I used Manchester Seat, which is part of the Hobins group and i got very good service from there !! started abit ropey but ended up being very good in the end !! :D

Last edited:

MILLSMAN

I used Manchester Seat, which is part of the Hobins group and i got very good service from there !! started abit ropey but ended up being very good in the end !! :D

Ordered ours on 31.10.09 from Hobins Preston turned up last week so 10 to 12 weeks seems about the norm.

chrisp123

I think your dealer was being a little too enthusiastic with availability date. New build is normally min 12 weeks from ordering. Mine will be 17 weeks this coming Friday. What have you gone for?
Be good to see some pics on here if you can...cheers

I thought that just after i ordered it! - if they had just told me when it was coming and not fobing me off every time i rang - i would have been much happier! it ws 12/13 weeks in the end but 16 by the time i finally got it (unless they didn't really have it till now!)

I went for the TDI FR in White - Tech/convenience, 18" alloys, winter pack and for reasons that i dont really know as i never asked for it - hill hold :confused:

I'll try some pics once i've done more posts - but i'm loving it so far - but not loving having to be gentle with it till the engine runs in!

it does seem to be a but quicker than my remapped TDI 150 golf which was supposed to be at 208! But much smoother and not as all or nothing as the golf - but i have only done 65 miles!

What have you gone for?

chrisp123

Have you tried the Hill hold feature yet CHRIS? I tried to add this at the last minute but apparently was too late. Worth it?

Haven't had the chance yet - i remembered talking about it with the broker but didn't realise i ordered it - will let you know as soon as i try it out - shouldn't be too long as i live in the Welsh Valleys!

Robby

Oct 7, 2002
Great news Rich! As of Thursday when I spoke to dealer there was no news so hopefully they are on the same boat.

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
Great news Rich! As of Thursday when I spoke to dealer there was no news so hopefully they are on the same boat.
Thanks :)...I think the first the dealer hears of your car arriving in the UK is from the transport company so its out of VAG's hands at this point I think. Im sure you will hear very soon. Going to the dealer today to discuss the final details (private plate, exhaust tail pipe trim,armrest)...then after pickup (hopefully next weekend) straight to the tyre fitters to get some 18" rubber on the new set of BBS SEAT Sports that will be on it too. Its all part of the big plan that will complete the sportier look , hence why I ordered Crono Yellow.. Not overly done but enough to look right and not too boy racer! ;) lol... Keep me posted!

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
Well...I turned up at the dealers today and saw a car exactly like mine!....turns out it is mine. He chucked me the keys and said I wont be a minute, have a look around! Cool!! Couldn't believe it! Wasnt supposed to be there till Wednesday!? There was another Emocion but in white.

Spoke to dealer about the the USB/AUX that I opted for when ordering but now standard..He thinks that I will still have to pay for it as its apparently only standard with the price increase which came into affect literally hours later after I ordered it! I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. Still done well even if I do have to pay for the USB/AUX...Just lucky for those that didnt opt for it! '~' ?

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
I've just ordered a White FR TDI with tech pack, 18" black alloys with silver/black interior from hobin bury. Those guys are v.helpful. Got my 57 plate FR DSG there in 08. Hopefully be here in April. Can't wait!

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
Collected mine yesterday :D Ordered on the 30th of October, so 12 weeks almost to the day. The speed blue paint looks so much better than I remember and it only had 6 miles on the clock when I got in it! The 150 mile drive back from the dealers was awesome!

rich146

Sep 27, 2009
Berkshire
www.reverbnation.com
Well...I turned up at the dealers today and saw a car exactly like mine!....turns out it is mine. He chucked me the keys and said I wont be a minute, have a look around! Cool!! Couldn't believe it! Wasnt supposed to be there till Wednesday!? There was another Emocion but in white.

Spoke to dealer about the the USB/AUX that I opted for when ordering but now standard..He thinks that I will still have to pay for it as its apparently only standard with the price increase which came into affect literally hours later after I ordered it! I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. Still done well even if I do have to pay for the USB/AUX...Just lucky for those that didnt opt for it! '~' ?
This is going to sound silly but its been playing on my mind....When I viewed my car for the first time yesterday (picking up week Monday), everything looked great on inspection but just one niggling thing I noticed was the drivers side door didnt close in a nice ' solid clunk' as the passenger side. I kept trying both doors to compare and it wasnt my hearing!lol... I feel kind of stupid mentioning it to the dealer. Just worried it could be the beggining of trouble or maybe some adjustment is needed? And why are they different? guess if they were both closing the same as the drivers side i wouldnt think anything of it but the passenger side closed so much nicer in comparison...An annoying niggle which once you spot it you keep noticing it!lol

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
This is going to sound silly but its been playing on my mind....When I viewed my car for the first time yesterday (picking up week Monday), everything looked great on inspection but just one niggling thing I noticed was the drivers side door didnt close in a nice ' solid clunk' as the passenger side. I kept trying both doors to compare and it wasnt my hearing!lol... I feel kind of stupid mentioning it to the dealer. Just worried it could be the beggining of trouble or maybe some adjustment is needed? And why are they different? guess if they were both closing the same as the drivers side i wouldnt think anything of it but the passenger side closed so much nicer in comparison...An annoying niggle which once you spot it you keep noticing it!lol

When you go to collect the car, if you are still un-happy about the door make sure you mention it before you sign for the car.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
So not sign or take delivery until happy ? Im going couple days before I officially collect with someone else so can get a 2nd opinion and mention if still feel the need. Cheers

Basicly they will be more willing to put things right more quickly if you haven't signed for the car because of a problem.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Collected mine yesterday :D Ordered on the 30th of October, so 12 weeks almost to the day. The speed blue paint looks so much better than I remember and it only had 6 miles on the clock when I got in it! The 150 mile drive back from the dealers was awesome!

mine only had 6 mile so on the clock aswell !! :D:D i only live about 8 miles from the dealer but managed to rack up around 130 miles on the way home !! :D:drive1:

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

slightly different kettle of fish i know, but read robs thread HERE about getting dealerships to adjust doors.

cars are never screwed together better than when they first leave the factory, and if possible they are best left that way. if you can live with it then live with it. and that goes for dash rattles and the like, it really is a last resort and best left well alone.

ROBSTA 71

finally got the news today that my crono yellow with tech and convenience pack and 18" black orion's arrive's at the dealership on wednesday and can pick up on saturday 20 weeks after ordering i cant wait just got to travel 200 miles to pick it up now.

stevesLeon

at last; Orange Leon FR CR TDi , ordered 10th Sept'09 , being delivered to my house tomorrow ; it's only been 22 weeks !!