True delivery times

Mr H

I think i'm suffering from whats known as 'dealer falsifying the lead times on a new car-anitis'

I'm chasing 1 white Leon FR via my dealer, which another dealer somewhere has and wont transfer. Annoying.

This leaves me with the horrible thought of placing a new factory order.

Having just cancelled a VW order due to 7 weeks of hearing sod all, i can see exactly the same happening with SEAT. Dealer said for a new order placed next week, to expect the car end of november.

However, i see someone else on the forum has been waiting 10 weeks and their car hasnt been built yet.

Can anyone shed any light on more realistic lead times, before i explode with frustration???

Cheers, Mark

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
I ordered mine at the beginning on June and got it in the middle of September, but that did include the period of the factory shutdown, so 10-12 weeks is a reasonable time for it to arrive.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
I am the one you speak of! I ordered mid July and was told it would be built week 38 and start of October delivery. This was then changed at the start of September to week 43 build and hopefully start of November delivery. All I know is I have paid a deposit and still have no idea if or when the car will appear on my driveway. I was told by the dealer that there is a huge backlog of cars to be built due to the scrappage schemes across europe. Not sure if this is the case, or if they are still trying to catch the cow for my leather seats? Either way i'm still driving my old car.:cry:

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Its quite normal for a new built factory order to take 10-12 weeks. This is the same with a lot of manufactures. Also in my experiance it seems quite normal not to be contacted until a couple of weeks before the car is due.
Waiting is a pain, but it makes it sweater when you get the shiny new car.

Mr H

Got to say, i'm horrified at how my dealer experience has gone.

After cancelling the VW order, i got straight in touch with the local seat dealer. He didnt have a facelift FR to drive or even to look at, so go slightly further afield to the next dealer.

Get in touch, tell them what i want, he tells me whats in stock, i choose, he sets to work. He then says the car i want is at another dealer and he has to get it released. Fine. NOT

I'm promised an answer every day last week, yet here we are on Monday the following week and i still havent got an answer as to whether this dealer will release the car.

WHAT is going on??? Finance is cleared, deposit is waiting and i am about to explode with frustration! All i need is a yes or a no, yet 1 week on and no answer, despite chasing daily.

Has anyone else experienced this??

uuf361

Jun 29, 2008
Mine was ordered mid June (2008) and was delivered to me on September 1st.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Been back to the dealers today, build week has now been 'confirmed' as week 44 so thats another week slipped. Delivery is hopefully now going to be mid November. That will be only 18 weeks after ordering then, not too shabby eh! I could be half way to creating a new human being in that time..lol.
Apparently this is probably because of all the options I have chosen. It makes you laugh, they offer all of these toys for your new car. You order them and it then takes for ever to get your new car because it is different:-(

Rob100

Mine was ordered on 12 June, delivered last week. Well worth the wait!:D

Sep 3, 2009
Walsall, West Mids
Its not only the VAG group though guys.

When i ordered my Ford Mondeo Titanium X (with no additional options over standard) i was told it would be 10-12 weeks for delivery. 5 months later the car arrived but it didnt end there. The car was shipped to the UK 2 days before Xmas. I was then told that the car was in the UK but wouldnt be delivered to the dealers for 2 weeks because there were no drivers working over the period. Then i had to wait a week while the car was prepped by the dealer.

One of the delays at the factory was apparently down to them not having any seats for the car. The tit x (as i like to call it) has half leather / alcantara seats which are also climate controlled, at the time of building the car, they ran out !

It is always the case that a factory will stock pile orders of a particular colour or options range and build those cars at the same time. This saves them adjusting the build line and paint booth each time a different configuration comes through.

Mr H

Situation gets better (i wish)

Because this 'mystery' dealer wont return any calls to my local dealer i have no chance of getting the car - a car that matches what i want perfectly, and solves my kinda desperate need of a car. I called SEAT thinking they must have a list of what cars go where so i could find the dealer - but no chance of something so simple!

I'm ready to explode methinks!

cossy_123

I went to my local dealer, had the test drive in the New facelift Leon Fr, Decided on the spec, Candy White with black 18" with Blue Tooth. Was told they don't have that in stock, but he knew a dealer who did. so he would get back to me. In the mean time i got a much better deal off the net, 2K saving, but would have to wait for the car. 10 to 12 Wks This i accepted as the price diff was too much i am at 11wks now and have been told the car is built but not on the boat yet, this could take upto 3 wks. It is so frustrating, but from what i am reading its worth the wait. I did go back to first dealer but he would not match the 2k saving, thats why i ordered with the long wait.

Good Luck Mr H

Cossy

Mr H

I'd be more than happy to wait the normal lead time, if i hadnt been left in the poo by VW.

Sold the family car in preperation for the passat cc only to have to cancel due to crazy wait and no feedback from the dealer.

So now i have a pregnant wife due in November, a 2 year old and no family car. Thats 'me problem

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
Situation gets better (i wish)

Because this 'mystery' dealer wont return any calls to my local dealer i have no chance of getting the car - a car that matches what i want perfectly, and solves my kinda desperate need of a car. I called SEAT thinking they must have a list of what cars go where so i could find the dealer - but no chance of something so simple!

I'm ready to explode methinks!

When I ordered mine back in Jan last year another dealer had the exact spec I wanted being delivered from the factory by the end of Jan as a demonstrator. They wouldn't release it, and Seat UK weren't interested in diverting the order for an actual sale so I had to place a factory order instead.

I ended up getting the car 12 weeks later at the end of March, which doesn't seem too bad compared to waits others have had to go through.

romace123

Delivery times - Still waiting!!!!

Ordered mine towards end of July but still have no word yet.

Called dealer and they said something about the build schedule not being updated yet - whatever that means!!!!

So looking like it will take longer than the 8 - 12 weeks as promised.

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
Delivery LT

Well I've got some good news. I ordered 1st August and the car arrived at the dealers today. I'm told I did manage to jump the que however as I did order one in silver with black wheels to be told they have discontinued Silver after 8 weeks. It would appear that 12 weeks LT for a new car is the likely minimum at the moment.

romace123

Good news!!!

Heard from the dealer and Car is "Off shore" and hopefully should have it in about 2 weeks maximum depending on its container location.

So if it does turn up in 2 weeks time, that would be 14 weeks in total for me. Wow!!!!

Tom_SE_2009

Oct 25, 2009
this thread leaves me abit worried. I ordered mine at the back end of june. was given an expected delivery date of 7th november, recived a call three weeks ago saying they are waiting for a new machine that deals with fiting the leather interior as it was an extra on my spec. so now i will have to wait till the middle of december. ill have been waiting for four months by then im getting abit peeved off to say the least. sold car and everything so im car less at the moment

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
this thread leaves me abit worried. I ordered mine at the back end of june. was given an expected delivery date of 7th november, recived a call three weeks ago saying they are waiting for a new machine that deals with fiting the leather interior as it was an extra on my spec. so now i will have to wait till the middle of december. ill have been waiting for four months by then im getting abit peeved off to say the least. sold car and everything so im car less at the moment

That's got to be one of the worst things, being car-less for an unknown ammount of time :(

Im currently planning on getting rid of my skoda end of november/early december as my dealer said its due to be built on week 46 and can expect it in december, but im a bit worried ill be without a car well into january or longer.

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
I sympathise. Am still carless until March next year due to Audi being unable to organise an *rection in a brothel. Worst of it, the K1 I have paid a deposit on has now been delayed!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.