True delivery times

Tom_SE_2009

Oct 25, 2009
i know hope it dont drag! i been quoted the same build week 46 mate hope there right mid december im supposed to be getting it

stevesLeon

just had update on my order for Leon FR CR TDI; ordered 10th Sep.; due 9th Dec. - fingers crossed !!

"Customer-tagged orders taken before 31 October will be price-protected against a VAT increase if production delays prevent the vehicles’ registration before 31 December 2009, so you and your customers can place orders in October with confidence."

This is an extract from our SEAT Central intranet system which only dealers can log into.

New leather seat machine...........................priceless, when I showed the guys here that one they almost pee'd themselves!!!

If you're not getting concise information from your dealer simply ask him to show you the CONFIRMED build week on his VOT system, it will show as Actual and Planned build weeks, delivery is usually about 4 weeks from Actual date. If the car doesn't have these dates on the system it means its still on the waiting list and according to our latest bulletin from SEAT will be built late December or early January.

chrisp123

Hi all!

Reading all your posts is leaving me very worried! I ordered an FR CR in the middle of september and was told end of November delivery because of the options, but had no confirmation since - does anyone think this is going to happen?

I don't want to sell my golf yet if its not, but i don't want to spend any more on it!

thanks

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Hi all!

Reading all your posts is leaving me very worried! I ordered an FR CR in the middle of september and was told end of November delivery because of the options, but had no confirmation since - does anyone think this is going to happen?

I don't want to sell my golf yet if its not, but i don't want to spend any more on it!

thanks

Id ring them to find out the build week :)

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
My Cupra took 12 weeks from order but as previously posted, I would e mail them and ask for confirmation. My existong car started to incurr cost due to the delay (insurance costs) which the dealer covered). Deleivery dates always have the commercial caveat associated with LT which does not make them liable, however, they still generally respect customer satisfaction, so if you incurr costs against a delievy commitment, then I would ask them to cover them.

Hi all!

thanks

Read my previous post, do as I suggest and you'll know for sure whether you're being strung along or not.

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
Bhoopoo

Picked up a spare part from the dealer today, talking generally due to SEAT SPA decreasing production and laying people off (due to recession) factory ordered cars with fitted options are being quoted at 18 - 20 weeks delivery period.:(

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
b

I might add that my 07 Cupra with all the options took 8 weeks from order to delivery. The best way is to keep in constant communication with the dealer as they can track the progress of the car through the build process.:)

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
this thread gives me no hope at all !!

I placed and order for a facelift Leon Cupra on the 30th Oct. Dealer said it wont be arriving for around 12 weeks. Im ok with that, but if people are being told the wrong times and are being strung along, god only knows when ill receive it !! just hope theres no delays !

Picked up a spare part from the dealer today, talking generally due to SEAT SPA decreasing production and laying people off (due to recession) factory ordered cars with fitted options are being quoted at 18 - 20 weeks delivery period.:(

I think you were probably talking to a spare part as well as buying one! The factory lead times have increased due to record demand especially in the UK and German markets, SEAT have actually taken on more staff and upped production but still are struggling to keep up with orders however, if you're wondering where your car is just do as I suggested and ask your dealer to show you on VOT (but do it quickly as this system is closing down next week to make way for a new ordering and tracking system) speculating about where you car is without asking the dealer is pointless, if he has nothing to hide then he'll be pleased show you, keep you involved and use this as an opportunity to build a rapport with you. If on the other its a faceless internet transaction, "you paid yer money yer take your chance!".

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
For an order placed on the 31st October I was quoted January for delivery seems Seat is in line with many manufacturers, the last two BMW 1ers I ordered from the factory took 8 and 10 weeks, when getting a lead time for a 118d Coupe I was quoted 14 weeks. Not sure if it is demand or production lines being slower. Some models are in demand and some are in less demand as people generally downsize.

On buying a new stock car from dealer stock from the 19th November Seat and VW will use a central stock system. Where if a car has been in stock at a dealers for more than 30 day's it becomes national stock and any dealer can order it from any other dealer without a problem or the dragging of heels with dealers not wanting to loose prime stock.

Last edited:

Bhoopoo

Aug 14, 2008
Surrey
The lead in times does depend on the factory fitted options that you order. My personal experience with the local dealer is that lead in times quoted, after placing the order, have always been bettered and myself and my wife both have ordered SEAT cars, with factory fitted options, from the same dealer. I have always kept in constant contact with the dealer to ensure updates on the delivery dates.

stevesLeon

just had another update on my order for Leon FR CR TDI; ordered 10th Sep.; production slipped to build week 50 so now due early Jan.

AnthonyDi

Sep 21, 2009
Thats a shame Steve :(
I've just emailed my stealer to check if mine has been pushed back also

stevesLeon

yep, was looking forward to a nice Xmas present !! Never mind, be worth the wait. Mine is ordered via company car scheme so they're checking to see if they can expedite things.

tedmorbed

they say mine is being built this week . It will probably be the last car on friday 13th

stevesLeon

I've been ribbed that my car will be being built slap bang in the middle of Xmas party season ; delivery time will see if they've remembered to build it to spec !!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.