True delivery times

romace123

Leon FR CR finally here!!!!!

Finally got the car on the 6th November.
It was a FR CR with Bluetooth, Alacantara seats and Luna Gray paint job.

Took about 15 weeks in total from 1st meeting with sales man to driving it away from sales man.

tedmorbed

My dealer says my car is on the boat and will be with them week 51 the second week of December. Not bad when I ordered it week 32. So it was built on friday the 13th it was probably Manuels birthday so he had been to the pub, all I need is Michael Fish to do the forcast this week and the boat will do a Titanic in the English channel. I have to go away from the first week in December till the 25th so I will have to pick it up after Christmas. I am starting to get a bit disillusioned with the whole thing.

likeitah

Well! You can all count yourselves lucky I ordered a candy white leon fr tdi convienience pack, black alloys and bluetooth (not a massive extras list) on the 30th july and still no signs of it. I've had some good stories from my dealer " there was a hale stone storm and your car got damaged so they're having to make a new one" then they keep promising to ring me back with a new build date, which never happens! I rang them this week and they said "oh, I thought you'd already got it." So basically they have no idea whats going on with my car! The first delivery date was 1st September and I'm still waiting!!

NinjaPirateUK

Alor Blue Leon SC 1.8 TSI
Sep 7, 2009
I ordered mine on the 30th of October, a speed blue FR TDI with tech and convenience pack and 18" ibera alloys.

I had a phone call a couple of weeks ago saying the car is due to be built week 51-52 for delivery in January, which seems a bit optimistic to me. Trying not to think about it too much, the wait is agonising enough!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I ordered mine on the 30th of October, a speed blue FR TDI with tech and convenience pack and 18" ibera alloys.

I had a phone call a couple of weeks ago saying the car is due to be built week 51-52 for delivery in January, which seems a bit optimistic to me. Trying not to think about it too much, the wait is agonising enough!

We ordered an FR TDi on the 31st October and the build week qoted for us is 52 with a delivery to the dealer early-mid Feb ready for us to pick up March 6th.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
there has to be some truth to this 'built mid december for deliery end of jan' as thats 3 of us now in the same situation !! and im asuming were all using different dealers!!

or maybe its some sort of major SEAT consipracy going on !! :p

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
there has to be some truth to this 'built mid december for deliery end of jan' as thats 3 of us now in the same situation !! and im asuming were all using different dealers!!

We are getting ours from M1 Auto's in London but GK Seat Derby quoted me similar dates.

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009

Mine's coming from Grants SEAT in Essex somewhere (got it through a broker). It's going to be a long drive from nottingham to pick it up! The drive back will be better :D

Last edited:

ROBSTA 71

hi i ordered mine in september crono yellow with tech/convenience pack and black orion wheels with m1 autos chased a build week never got one wife rang dealership in december took no s**t got a bulid week 1 which is january should receive in february it will of taken 5 month's i think the bionic man didnt even take that long lol. cant wait to get car as this is my second and i love em.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Mine's coming from Grants SEAT in Essex somewhere (got it through a broker). It's going to be a long drive from nottingham to pick it up! The drive back will be better :D

Suprised you did not get a good deal from Willoughby Seat, I used them for my MK1 Leon Cupra was a good deaslership, now in Derby so tried to use GK Seat but to no avail. So off down to London to pick our's up. Getting the train there staying over for the W/E and driving back as will sell the Caddy before picking the FR up.

chrisp123

Ordered Mine on the 29th Sept and was told 30th Nov delivery...

The day came and went so after numerous promises and phone calls i gave up all hope until at least january...

They rang me on the 21st Dec to say i could have it on the 24th - but as it's been snowing with me since the 21st so i told them to leave it and i'd have it this week - they rang me on the 30th and told me it was ready to collect - now more snow - i don't think i'm having much luck so i told them to leave it till next week i don't think i'd be as carefree driving it in the snow as my old car!

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
Suprised you did not get a good deal from Willoughby Seat, I used them for my MK1 Leon Cupra was a good deaslership, now in Derby so tried to use GK Seat but to no avail. So off down to London to pick our's up. Getting the train there staying over for the W/E and driving back as will sell the Caddy before picking the FR up.

I did try GK and Willoughby when I was looking. GK "only sell FRs for retail price" apparently :think: Willoughby did offer a reasonable deal and had a lot of time to show me around the various models which was appreciated. I also had a cracking solo test drive for a good hour. I cant say there's many dealers that have just chucked me the keys and let me loose without a salesperson :)

I would have loved to have placed an order with Willoughby but it worked out £700 less expensive elsewhere and I couldn't get them to go any lower. I did feel a bit guilty after the time they spent with me, but £700 is £700 :whistle:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
I did try GK and Willoughby when I was looking. GK "only sell FRs for retail price" apparently :think: Willoughby did offer a reasonable deal and had a lot of time to show me around the various models which was appreciated. I also had a cracking solo test drive for a good hour. I cant say there's many dealers that have just chucked me the keys and let me loose without a salesperson :)

I would have loved to have placed an order with Willoughby but it worked out £700 less expensive elsewhere and I couldn't get them to go any lower. I did feel a bit guilty after the time they spent with me, but £700 is £700 :whistle:

To be fair GK offered us a solo test drive as well but as you said would not move on price on an FR. Willouby just chucked me the keys last time I test drove there with no pressur how it should be unlike Strastone BMW Derby the salesperson was a :censored:. £700 is a big difference and like you we went for the best price with options (metallic, Sat Nav, convience pack) ended up with £18255 instead of £20255.

NinjaPirateUK

Sep 7, 2009
I got the vehicle with custom palette paint, tech and convenience pack and 18" iberas for £19372 instead of £21345 (retail at the time), Willoughby offered me £20070 which still wasn't a bad deal looking at it now. But, with the cost difference, even factoring in fuel to go and collect, it still works out cheaper.

stevesLeon

A further update on my order for Leon FR CR TDI; ordered 10th Sep.; now build week 1 and due in to dealer on 29th Jan. - fingers crossed !! this timescale is pretty much in line with 'ROBSTA 71' above.

Don't know what they've been doing for 3.5 months ?!?!

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
A further update on my order for Leon FR CR TDI; ordered 10th Sep.; now build week 1 and due in to dealer on 29th Jan. - fingers crossed !! this timescale is pretty much in line with 'ROBSTA 71' above.

Don't know what they've been doing for 3.5 months ?!?!

Wonder what Pedro did with your order sat on it?

Robby

Oct 7, 2002
Guess it isn't just me. Ordered a LeonEmocion under the scrappage deal in September. Initially told delivery mid December to early Jan. After lack of any news phoned up and told week 1 build so should be with the dealer end of Jan. So over 4 months from date of order, which does seem a long time.

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
i got some great news today !! :D my Cupra is in the country !!! wooooop !! i ordered on the 30th Oct and should be picking it up a week on saturday !! the dealer said they are waiting on the transport company to ship it up here, then they have to prep and register it, then its mine!! I CAN NOT WAIT !!! :D

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

hi tommy, question ref your sig. what are you getting with the winter pack if you dont mind me asking?
cheers
chris

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members