Tell

TSR Xcellence Lux

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Hi all,

Does anyone know if TSR is still on these models or if its gonna require a vcds enabling.

Tell

Staff member
Hi all,

Does anyone know if TSR is still on these models or if its gonna require a vcds enabling.

At the launch of the Ateca in 2016 there were four "safety and security" options as per the brochure on the Xcellence:

Driving Assistance Pack 1:
Includes high beam assist, and lane assist (includes Convenience Pack) – –

Driving Assistance Pack 2:
Includes: High beam assist, lane assist, traffi c sign recognition –––

Advanced Driving Assistance Pack: Includes: Driving Assistance
Pack 1 plus blind spot detection and rear cross traffic alert.
(Includes Convenience Pack)
– –

Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus²: Includes Traffic Jam Assist,
Emergency Assist Adaptive Cruise Control, Driving
Assistance Pack 2,
and Pedestrian Protection, Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic
Alert. (Not available in combination with other Driving Assistance Packs)

It was only on pack 2 and the Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus² (call it 4). You need the lane assist camera for it if you want to turn it on via VCDS coding. I have read other cameras but I wouldn't bother... lane assist camera is fine, that's the one the internal software is designed to use. I know Obdeleven will do it with pack 1 since someone in S Ireland did it. Use the coding rather than the micro payment apps which in 2017 didn't do it, but the published stuff did. I put that on the Obdeleven thread here after helping them. It's the lane assist camera it uses :).

So question is what packs do the Xcellence Lux have.

https://www.seat.co.uk/car-shopping-tools/brochure-download.html?seacmp=11_MODEL_ATECA_BMM:GOOGLE:Brochure:+ateca++brochure:NA:NA&dns=true&ds_rl=1039188&ds_rl=1184786&ds_rl=1221037&gclid=CjwKCAiAodTfBRBEEiwAa1haur-Ja4gv3FbwdaMn9-RzeAh3VR3kt34JtKk0IBV8cAdjDETTxuMAexoC01MQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Well page 40 of the November 2019 brochure says

"
Advanced Driving Assistance Pack:
High beam assist + Lane assist + Blind spot
detection + Rear cross traffic alert
"

Reckon that's option 3 of the last marketing spiel before they hatched out the FR option, span the Lux and Cupra. Life's too short but I bet its on the Cupra :).

You could buy yourself the Odbeleven full coding option, use with an Android or find someone to turn it on with VCDS.

It's possible that the dealer ordering system might allow it (ask). Like the panoramic roof question the configurator was always in the past the defecto options and the brochure provided the back up text and you priced up yourself with the price list as a cross check on the configurator. I suspect it's been dropped to force customers to go into a different price range.

PS I find it very good.

Reactions: Bengal

Bengal

Feb 22, 2014
Thank you fortunately I have vcds so if its not standard I will hopefully just enable it if the dealer doesn't :)

Reactions: Tell

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Tell, I have a camera at the rear of the mirror how do i activate TSR with VCDS cable?

Tell

Staff member
Think that's what I was about to suggest this thread... check the differences.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/top...ried-and-tested/?tab=comments#comment-4476927

I see this one says

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 16

Bit 4 - tick this box: Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR/VZE) active [PR-QR9]

That is the Ateca lane assist camera. This is the one you want.

The Spanish Forum have it listed for the Ateca in Obdeleven form so you can cross check that with historic stuff for other cars

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threa...deleven-procesos-verificados.2417/#post-98523

Translated:

CONTRIBUTED BY @RaulKO :

RECOGNITION OF TRAFFIC SIGNALS

Before proceeding, it is highly recommended to make backups of the modules to be touched, which are: A5, 5F and 17

We access the A5 module and go to Coding , Bytes mode . (Front Sensor Driver Assist)

In Byte 16 we activate bit 4.

We accept the change and then access the 5F module , adaptation.

We enter the Adaptation option Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2 and activate the following parameters :

menu_display_road_sign_identification and menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high

We accept the change and enter the option Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 Adaptation , where we activate the following parameter:

traffic_sign_recognition_0x21

Now we look for the option traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus and we give it the Databus Infotainment value (the text may vary depending on the language, but it is what it says is the Infotainment bus)

We accept the change and, finally, we access the module 17 (dash board)

Inside Coding, Bytes mode, in Byte 5 we activate bit 2.

As soon as we confirm the change, we will see that the compass in the FIS has moved to the lower left zone, leaving the upper central zone free in the FIS.

I recommend restarting the Infotainment (press +10 seconds the power button) so that the configuration option under Car-> Assistance to the driver is refreshed.

----

"In Byte 16 we activate bit 4"

Tallies with the link I posted above.. not on the first post of 2013 link. See below where I've responded to what it says in that thread.

Further checking, the mod appears on a German Allspace thread so there is nothing specific that you have to do for the digital dash apart from doing the mod and toggling it on in the car's system.

https://www.clubvwtiguan.com/threads/se-puede-activar-reconocimiento-de-senales-con-obdeleven.11857/

That one also give you what you need to do if you have the VW HUB, the fighter pilot display that rises... not on the Ateca yet... extra settings.

What I'll do is put up some OBDEleven screens of my factory installed one against the text on the OBDEleven thread for anyone coming to it that way.

See:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....vity-working-ones-for-the-ateca.438134/page-4

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member

See above post. The first post on that 2013 link is using the front camera rather than the lane assist camera. Must have been an early version of top view. Hint. you need to scan that thread looking for the A5 instructions which is the lane assist module who's camera you need to use, need this bit to access the lane assist camera rather than what was originally shown:

In Byte 16 we activate bit 4

Not

07 - Coding

Byte 1

Bit 0 Enable - "01 traffic sign recognition (FTE) active"

The Ateca Spanish Forum although expressed in Obdeleven form has the module, byte settings. That tallies with the more recent Briskoda link post 6 above and my cogitation on whether the dashboard settings would be the same with a digital dash.

Last edited:

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Hello,
Can anybody confirm that the above procedure actually works ?
I read on many other forums that people receive an error message after performing the mod on their digital dash when they first start the car.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
I confirm this mode is working on my Cupra Ateca MY2020.

No errors like in other threads.

Please note, if you are like me and you do not have the SatNav SD-Card present in slot-2, you will receive a brief message here and there that says:
"Dynamic Road Sign Display is currently restricted"

Image from manual below.
IMG_20190616_100047.jpg

@Tell - Thank you.

Last edited:

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Did you do that with the VCDS or Obdeleven as a matter of interest. Just checking my instructions on that other thread were clear.
Hi @Tell, I performed the coding and adaptations using VCDS.

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
Hi Guys,
Getting a loan of an OBD11 today and wish to activate this on my 2019 FR ateca.
I have lane assist and forward camera.
One question ( well 2 actually)
Which instructions do I follow?

and 2 , does it show up some error after this mod? I have the virtual dash.

Tell

Staff member
Mine if its Obdeleven. No it doesn't leave any errors to clear.

I provide the Spanish instructions translated with pictures from mine which was factory fitted. Was an option on early Ateca's. Post 65.

The wrinkle is this bit

Now we look for the option traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus and we give it the Databus Infotainment value (the text may vary depending on the language, but it is what it says is the Infotainment bus)

[image as above... uses the bus number as used elsewhere 15 in my case]

Mine was 15 you put in what yours is.

At the end reboot the infotainment unit, long press on the volume button till it reboots. Then look for the traffic sign option in the infotainment and enable it, set warning over speed etc. See manual.

---

As well as the coding method and that's with the Obdeleven with the programming option bought (Need that to do above), there is a micropayment option in Obdeleven which was reputed not to work, they might have fixed it by now. You need credits for that. Bottom right of Obdeleven screen tells you how many you got. I never use these baby apps, always program which is just toggling settings or move along in the long codes. As per illustration.

Pages from the manual which cover the option which has been enabled and using it. Pages in reverse order :).
Screenshot_20200811-130016.png
Screenshot_20200811-125948.png
Screenshot_20200811-125930.png

Last edited:
Reactions: vectra

vectra

Sep 3, 2011
All done, thank you.
Followed the above and all went great, did the reboot and cycled ignition as well. Got an error, but went away almost instantly. several ignition cycles later and got no more. so fingers crossed.

Dec 20, 2021
Hi @Tell ,
I hope you dont mind me dragging up this old post but after spending ages researching into enabling TSR, you're definitely one of the few people who appears to know your way around the relevant settings.

I have an Audi Q7 with the front facing multifunction camera. using ODB Eleven I've enabled lane assist (stage 1 and 2) and this works a treat.
Ive tried enabling the TSR function but im only seeing "No traffic sign recognised";

IMG_4465.JPG

Im based in the UK.
The settings I've changed so far:

Long Codings:
A5: Enable 16/4 (VZE)
5F: Enable 24/7 (PSD)
17: Enable 05/2 (VZE)
17: Enable 09/4 (Compass bottom)
13: Enable 01/0 (VZE)
Adaption in 5F:
Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2:
traffic_sign_recognition_0x21: activated
traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus: Databus Extended (this gave a steering wheel fault error each time the car was started, so reverted back to 'Terminal 15').

Car_Function_Adapations_Gen2:
menu_display_road_sign_identification: activated
menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_threshold_high: activated

Is there anything obvious that I've missed?

Tell

Staff member
My post 6 is the one above that gives the VCDS ones that tally with the Ateca. I don't use VCDS. Post 15 the data bus. You have to eyeball in that unit what your car is using. It might not be 15.

In this post I give the Ateca ones factory fitted in mine tracing the Spanish forumns thread:

It will be a similar screen to this which you eyeball for the databus number. Everything is set to 15 in my case so that's the number. If yours is some other number it will be that. That's the wrinkle least on these cars where you bed it in as posted on the Spanish site.

Screenshot_20211220-122813.png

Dec 20, 2021
My post 6 is the one above that gives the VCDS ones that tally with the Ateca. I don't use VCDS. Post 15 the data bus. You have to eyeball in that unit what your car is using. It might not be 15.

In this post I give the Ateca ones factory fitted in mine tracing the Spanish forumns thread:

It will be a similar screen to this which you eyeball for the databus number. Everything is set to 15 in my case so that's the number. If yours is some other number it will be that. That's the wrinkle least on these cars where you bed it in as posted on the Spanish site.

View attachment 28852

Thanks for that, ive checked mine and yes everything is identically set to Terminal 15 (not set by me, but by default).

The only other thing I can think ive set differently is:
Controller 5F (multimedia)
Byte 24, Bit 6 "Traffic sign display VZA", disabled.

I disabled this option based on this video:
(4:05), which suggests that two speed warning signs would be displayed simultaneously - one from the maps nav data and the other from the TSR.

Reactions: mboeru
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.