Tuning, styling and prices

men8ifr

I'm looking to buy a Leon Turbo and would appreciate some advice how much some upgrades are worth (or cost) for power and styling.

For example how much is a remap and what power does that give (in reality)
What is needed to get 220hp+?
How much does a cupra lower front bumper cost (+ respray of course)

Also any tips on buying would be appreciated, my ideal car would be metallic blue, retuned to ~220hp+, mileage under 100k, cupra alloys or some nice aftermarket alloys and a cupra lower front bumper... and around 2.5K, and one elderly lady owner???? :cartman:

Also did some cars have better turbo's than others? What do I need to look out for?

Also at what mileage/age do these cars start to have problems, i've seen a couple at 110K miles and that worries me for a highly tuned petrol....

men8ifr

PS read a review that the Audi A4 1.8 turbo is a bit dull to drive - what's the leon like? In the back of my mind only the focus stood out as being sharp handling in reviews so is the leon dull by comparison?

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
I'm sure it's nothing personal, but these questions are asked every day and once you've answered the same thing 4 or 5 times it can get a little tiresome. :) Usually someone will tell you to use the forum SEARCH to find out.

Google for Custom-Code, Revo, AmD or P-Torque for remapping options. There aren't any major probs with most Leons: coil packs, maf, sensors, door seals are most common probs that a replacement part will fix. I've had my LCR for 2.5yrs and had a wet passenger footwell once that was fixed under warranty, so reliable in my ownership.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.