Universal Back Box

DaveD

Jan 23, 2007
Manchester
Thinking of getting one fitted, did search but no1 seemed to have asked before. Anyone got one fitted? They sound any good?

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
depends what car you have the universal exhausts need bodging on most the time and on the smaller engines they sound louder and 1 toney! but on the larger engines sound less loud and sporty. ive got a cupra backbox if you want it (£55)

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
depends on make of exhaust really if i was you id preffer a suttle cupra or fr back box or go all out and get the milltek :shrug: it will sound beefer but not 1 tone load like the corsa's and saxo's flying around town where it sounds like the exhaust has fallen off with their little neons

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
same as the oval 1 in pics as mine i have for sale where about you from daveD as i cnt be arsed to package and send it meet or pickup only

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
:D thats me. i just dont have the time to package and go to the post office to find out a price then come back tell daved the price then go back and send i work too much :(

DaveD

Jan 23, 2007
Manchester
is it a pretty good sounding one? I dont want anything chavvy that you can hear from miles away just something that you can hear rumble from inside the car

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I have a powerflow back box on mine. it isnt loud and you can literally tell them what sound you want and they will make an exhaust to your exact spec. you can choose from hundreds of tailpipes and literlly choose where you have it coming out your car, how far out the back you have it, the sound. the only thing is its probably more than you are wanting to spend. :(

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
it depends on what you get. i got just the back box which was £200 but it varies as to where you have it done. I have had a lot of stick with people saying "thats stupid price to pay" but how often can you choose the tailpipe, where it comes out, how far it hangs out the back and the noise you want? you can choose from loud, deep rumble, quiet etc etc. i can post a pic of my back box if you want to show you what they have done? going for a decat this Saturday. there website is www.powerflow.uk.com so you can have a look at the cars on there and find your nearest garage that will do it. :)

DaveD

Jan 23, 2007
Manchester
a magnex universal one i was lookin at was bout £120 so for £80 extra its well worth it, cheers mate, i'll check them out

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Photo-0029.jpg

sorry its not a very good pic but you get the idea. Mines the size of a motorbike can(ish). Sounds nice but not stooopid. s'ok bud. :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.