Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Ohh okay. i was under the impression that if you took it to a seat dealership they would be able to install it on any version?

They are supposed to be able to - otherwise it will be impossible to upgrade the maps.

Unfortunately - many of the stealers seem clueless as to how to make a new map version work with cars that have had older versions installed.

That is the issue I am attempting to sort out with Seat Customer Services.
The latest map upgrade that they agreed to supply FOC is now waiting for me at the stealers - but they are not sure how to install it.

I have left it with Seat Customer Services to sort out.

Very worrying.

Last edited:

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Dealers don't do anything, you just need to buy a card which has a part number suitable to your head unit.

I've done it going from v3 to v5

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Dealers don't do anything, you just need to buy a card which has a part number suitable to your head unit.

I've done it going from v3 to v5

V6 has been supplied FOC from Seat Customer Services to replace the V4 that was in the car.

It does not work - the instructions in with the card say it needs coding to the car.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
What's the part number on your V6 and what model / year is your car?

Car is October 2014 build - registered late Jan 2015

No idea about the card number - other than it is V6 - it's with the stealer till they and customer services work out how the hell to load updated maps.

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
Leon?
Mine is older than yours (may 2014)
Can you let us know if they manage to get it working and the part number that's wrote on the sd card

Marky N

Jul 15, 2014
London
Looks to be for the old RNS510 Navi systems?

Id be surprised if it works on the new Leon system as the new system is very different to the RNS510?

Whats the date of the update?

Cheers
I have been peppering the forum threads as i am desperate to upgrade my Seat Cupra 2010 sat nav. Is there a code for the upgrade for this 2.1 system i have seen the RN codes and, after a quick inspection of my unit again, i do not see any serial numbers that code be used as a reference code for the purchase of the appropriate sd card. That way i could see what i am looking for on Ebay etc. Thanks in advance.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I have been peppering the forum threads as i am desperate to upgrade my Seat Cupra 2010 sat nav. Is there a code for the upgrade for this 2.1 system i have seen the RN codes and, after a quick inspection of my unit again, i do not see any serial numbers that code be used as a reference code for the purchase of the appropriate sd card. That way i could see what i am looking for on Ebay etc. Thanks in advance.

You are posting in the wrong section. You have a Mk2, sat nav is different in Mk3.
If your system says 2.1 it is likely to be an RNS315, but an early model which will not accept full postcodes. Later units are 2.2 and will accept full postcodes. Iirc it is not possible to upgrade from v2.1 to v2.2 as the firmware is different. Any upgrade to maps is via SD card , one use only, around £150 from dealer. Not sure if anyone has cracked it for free updates yet.
Do a search in the Mk2 section, its been discussed at length.
cheapest way is probably fit a later unit if You can get one, however it'll still be out of date by a couple of years.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Car is October 2014 build - registered late Jan 2015

No idea about the card number - other than it is V6 - it's with the stealer till they and customer services work out how the hell to load updated maps.

UPDATE : - The maps have finally been updated by the dealers after agreement with SEAT customer services.

OLD VERSION
SD card part number 5F0919866F ( V4 )
Database version 5F0919866F 0036 ECE 2014

NEW VERSION
SD card part number 5F0919866K ( V6 )
Database version 5F0919866K 0045 ECE 2015

Last edited:

joker_fr

Apr 15, 2014
UPDATE : - The maps have finally been updated by the dealers after agreement with SEAT customer services.

OLD VERSION
SD card part number 5F0919866F ( V4 )
Database version 5F0919866F 0036 ECE 2014

NEW VERSION
SD card part number 5F0919866K ( V6 )
Database version 5F0919866K 0045 ECE 2015

I have Leon from 2013.
My dealer even though it wants to pay claims that an update can not be performed and does not know when it will be possible. Gadget for 1,000 euros, beautifully lit and looks anything but to no purpose. How did you get it?

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I have Leon from 2013.
My dealer even though it wants to pay claims that an update can not be performed and does not know when it will be possible. Gadget for 1,000 euros, beautifully lit and looks anything but to no purpose. How did you get it?

It was done by the dealer.

They need to order the UPDATE card for your car that will arrive with the activation codes to make it work using their diagnostic computer.

If they just order a brand new map card with the latest maps on it will not work.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Care to elaborate on how you managed to get them to agree to that so that it may help others in similar situations?

When I bought the car I checked the map card and it was version 4

I checked on here and others with 2015 registered cars had version 6 maps loaded.

I wrote to SEAT customer services and explained that I thought a 2015 registered car should at least be supplied with the latest maps.

After a few weeks they responded and agreed to have the dealer update the maps to V6 as a warranty job.

The dealer first ordered a V6 map card for a new car - this failed to load because it is not supplied with the relevant activation codes.

Then Seat customer services got involved again and the dealer ordered a map update card for my car that arrived with the correct activation codes.

This time the map update was successful

joker_fr

Apr 15, 2014
When I bought the car I checked the map card and it was version 4

I checked on here and others with 2015 registered cars had version 6 maps loaded.

I wrote to SEAT customer services and explained that I thought a 2015 registered car should at least be supplied with the latest maps.

After a few weeks they responded and agreed to have the dealer update the maps to V6 as a warranty job.

The dealer first ordered a V6 map card for a new car - this failed to load because it is not supplied with the relevant activation codes.

Then Seat customer services got involved again and the dealer ordered a map update card for my car that arrived with the correct activation codes.

This time the map update was successful

This is impossible in Polish dealer network

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
This is impossible in Polish dealer network

If they have the standard dealer diagnostic computer they can do this task.

All they need to order is the UPDATE map card for your car that has the activation codes.

Apparently the computer tells them what to do in the "special functions" section.

joker_fr

Apr 15, 2014
I look forward to the day when I could do myself alone update / crack security by VCDS or another module.

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
In Holland they have a special offer at the moment for people who not have Mapcare.
They offer the latest update for € 99,- and the dealer will take € 25,- to do the update with their VAS system.
Maybe in the UK they have the same offer?

Pew.

Mar 23, 2012
Scotland
The UK having offers? Lol even our offers arent offers

Sent from my LG G Flex2

Last edited: