Tell

Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Gappa

Nov 6, 2017
I did deep inspection of original SD card but I did not find any hidden partition. I created duplicate of original card and by me the navi unit is paired with sd card throught the CID number of SD card only. So to create working copy of original sd card isn't problem (for unique car of course).
But the navi system must be to abble to use some new sd card too. I would like to undestandt this procedure how the new (I mean original card I will buy from seat or VW dealer) sd card will be paired with navi system. There should be something else (probably ecrypted files?). This is reasson why I would like to know if there is any official way how to update system by yourself? This procedure understandig can help us to find out way how to by pass navi producer limitation.

Tell

Staff member
The official upgrade is if you don't have Mapcare you take it to the dealer and you pay for the work. I recall it's about £150, it was posted up in the year. The card you have is registered to the cars system and the VW central system. They unregister it and re-register a new card.

The hidden partition is hidden why you don't see it. Look at the posts from early 2017. If Seat had offered Mapcare that's about the same price but for life. Other VAG cars in the UK just ship it with Mapcare and you don't get this silliness.

The cloning process is on post 549 but that's an over kill but a study on the contents of the files.

Last edited:

Gappa

Nov 6, 2017
Hidden partition is hidden for common users only. But it isn't importatnt just now. If I understand correctly the buy of new sd card isn't enoght and for putting this new card to operation is necessary oficial service assistance, isn't it?
And another question - what happen if I insert this new card into navi system - it will refuse this card or whole system will stay blocked?

Tell

Staff member
There have been unscrupulous people selling cards for the Mib1 with mixed results. One guesses without looking there are Mib2 cards, you hear mixed reports of people being sent these cards by dealers and putting them in themselves. The correct process is that the car is hitched up to the VAG xxx which Ive forgotten the name of, it isn't VCDS, that's linked back to Germany (it's the security management software that lets garages swap heads units etc, think it's called ODIS), it then unregisters the existing card and registers the new card. I wouldn't be tempted by any adverts on eBay. It was these with mib1 that people had limited success with. As I said there is a guy that posted up here earlier in the year who had spent circa £150 on the garage upgrading their system still to find their local new roads not on the map. The choice is yours.

Last question, it just won't work but I welcome other people's experiences of any dealers sending them mib2 cards as DIY where the card is an upgrade, not the first card to be introduced or any bought off ebay.

Last edited:

Gappa

Nov 6, 2017
Thanks. I haven't any plan to pay dealer for update. It is Seat stupid policy - to sell navi without "userfriendly" possibilty of map update.
We need more info about pairing process of new card let we can move ahead. I am going to continue looking for this sort of information because every protection is possible to break down.

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
I’ve just updated my SEAT Ibiza FRs MIB2 Navigation to 0820 .
Simple to do, follow this advice if you wish to save yourself from the stealers money-making!
It was from a post on the page hope it helps someone as much as it helped me!

PLUS I found the Postcode button that seemed to be missing!

Now just for the actual MIB Update software .. the hunt continues (0359 for MIB2 if anyone has it )

Joshua
a3e76bcf3ee212b3815278b18fa5e01e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Do it all again, but use the 0915 version from the Skoda website! 0820 is what came out November last year. Have a look around post #735.

Ah blast! Will investigate that now, didn’t feel right using Škoda!
Oops!

Thanks for the heads up
Joshua

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry, Is there also a POI update from anyway? I saw a thread about Speed Cameras which I’ll do, but wasn’t sure if it’d delete all my previous POIs?

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
Ah blast! Will investigate that now, didn’t feel right using Škoda!
Oops!

I thought that at first, but it's the same installer whether you've got a Skoda, VW or SEAT. If you look in the maps\00\cfg\mapcfg folder, you'll see the three folders for each make.

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
I thought that at first, but it's the same installer whether you've got a Skoda, VW or SEAT. If you look in the maps\00\cfg\mapcfg folder, you'll see the three folders for each make.

Perfect, I’m downloading now!
Out of interest..on my Version Information it states “SHIELD 2016-03 (build 020)” is this updatable..or firstly what’s that for?

Tell

Staff member
Sorry, Is there also a POI update from anyway? I saw a thread about Speed Cameras which I’ll do, but wasn’t sure if it’d delete all my previous POIs?

Have a look at this where I've updated the poi import links after vw changed them.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437989

In built Here map Poi's it won't touch but user Poi's afraid you have to re import them each time. It's how they do it.

Tell

Staff member
I’ve just updated my SEAT Ibiza FRs MIB2 Navigation to 0820 .
Simple to do, follow this advice if you wish to save yourself from the stealers money-making!
It was from a post on the page hope it helps someone as much as it helped me!

PLUS I found the Postcode button that seemed to be missing!

Now just for the actual MIB Update software .. the hunt continues (0359 for MIB2 if anyone has it )

Joshua
a3e76bcf3ee212b3815278b18fa5e01e.jpg

Step 4 isn't required....

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Have a look at this where I've updated the poi import links after vw changed them.

In built Here map Poi's it won't touch but user Poi's afraid you have to re import them each time. It's how they do it.

Awesome, will sort now, Can I put the Maps and POIS onto the same SD or should I separate them?
Ie:
SD-Maps
USB-POIs?

Thanks

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
Perfect thanks, I am hoping once they’ve been imported I can then remove said USB?

jpopelewis

Nov 15, 2017
SOLVED, thanks

I’ve been trying to add Level Crossings and Speed Cameras as POIs that make a sound, I have the Seat Ibiza 6J Tech MIB2 when creating the packs and you get to the 3 folders which should I choose MIBHigh?

Thanks
Joshua

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
SOLVED, thanks

I’ve been trying to add Level Crossings and Speed Cameras as POIs that make a sound, I have the Seat Ibiza 6J Tech MIB2 when creating the packs and you get to the 3 folders which should I choose MIBHigh?

Thanks
Joshua

If it's not the Plus unit you use the MIB2TSD directory.

I had a feeling that VAG export file was working with the standard unit and you didn't need to copy out the contents but if you have to then it's in the top post of the link below but you work on the MIB2TSD for the standard or MIB2High for the Plus. They move this problem around over time. This wrinkle created by VW not manufacturing the SLA1 signature correctly so the unit stumbles on the first metainfo2.txt file. Since security isn't used you just drop down to where it would go next and copy that to the card / usb.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437989

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.