Upgrading Stereo

Jan 12, 2021
I have a 2017 Ibiza with a 5 inch(I think) standard screen. I want to upgrade to the bigger, fully touchscreen model with Apple carplay and android auto. Can I do this? Is it a straight swap or are there other stuff I need to fit? ( I've seen some people saying you need different software fitted in the glove compartment)
Cheers

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
You'd need a whole different module in the glove compartment, which I think requires a different glove compartment unit too. It's possible, but it's costly. It's setup like a traditional computer, with a control box and a separate 'monitor', whilst the smaller screen is all in one unit.

If you want Android Auto/Apple CarPlay, you may be able to activate it with your existing unit? On the main menu, is there a page for app link or anything like that?

Jan 12, 2021
No I've tried to connect and it doesn't work, If I get all the parts though, the "monitor" and the screen, and maybe the new glove box, it should connect alright and work? Will there be much re-wiring/new connections that I'll need to do?
Cheers

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Sorry it was early and my coffee hadn't kicked in- the name is 'Full Link', not 'App Link'!
When you press the Menu button, it should bring up a page of icons. If Full Link is listed there, then you can activate it using a code from the dealer, which will be a lot cheaper.
Regarding putting in the 8" system and the associated wiring- I doubt that things will be wired through to the glovebox area. As I said before, it's doable, but it'll be expensive. You will also need component protection removing from the 2 parts of the new system, or they won't work with your car.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
If you have the 5" radio you don't have full link I had that same radio. You have 3 options
1.original seat radio 9"screen,mib in glove box, other glove box, 3 new cables if mib is used you must remove cp
2.upgrade radio to 6.5" with full link you just need if (used) cp remove
3.you can buy android radio its just plug in.
Radio color.png IMG_20191102_154848_213.jpg

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
I'm pretty sure that the only UK cars with the black-and-white 5" screen are the very basic S models, very few of which were sold. The vast majority have the 8" screen, which has Full Link.

Not all of them however have it activated.

José Silva

Nov 24, 2018
Portugal
I'm pretty sure that the only UK cars with the black-and-white 5" screen are the very basic S models, very few of which were sold. The vast majority have the 8" screen, which has Full Link.

Not all of them however have it activated.
My car its a fr and it came with 5" radio,I had to change it.

Enviado do meu SM-A405FN através do Tapatalk

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Yeah the UK market tends to get higher spec stereos for some reason. That's not just with Seat, but across lots of car brands.

May 14, 2019
You would need 3 things to get the 8/9 inch display with MIB, for me i am waiting on MIB3 with wireless CarPlay to become more standard as they started including it in 2020+ models
Display: 6F0919605A
MIB 2/2.5: 5F0035877A
Cabling: ?
MIB sleeve: ?

We can help you with either DIY kit or an installation service.

You'll require a display, glovebox radio unit with activation, coding and sound parameters. Depending on your current unit, you may also require wiring and glovebox trim

MIB3 isn't going to be easy to integrate into earlier vehicles for a couple of reasons. There's also a very very small number of people capable of hacking them and the cost is extremely high.

Please don't hesitate to message us if you have any questions

www.eastyorkshireretrofits.co.uk
www.facebook.com/Eastyorkshireretrofits

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise