upper strut brace

elliott87

May 27, 2008
Edinburgh
i know there has been loads of threads on this, but are the S3 ones worth the money, or am i better spending more on a better one?

its for a 2003 cupra

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Id defo recommend the S3 one dude, looks the part and you know it fits!!

I just couldnt believe the difference it made! Even to mine.

Im sure some of the other guys will be along soon to maybe say otherwise! :p

Jimski

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
60 quid on standard audi OE part, bracing enough for your cupra
Forge one is 200 odd quid, are you really going to pay that??
The weakest point would probably the shear strength of the bolts you use, ie stainless steel is less than BMS and size M8, M10, M12??
Other than that where the plates are welded to the bar, but batches should be x-rayed or cut to check for sufficient weld penetration.
But your choice

J0N

Defected!
DSC00723.jpg

S3 Strut-brace. Great price and a perfect fit, no need to trim the engine cover.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
This is such a worthwhile mod as beforehand I found the LCR a little wobbly round fast bends and quick direction changes. Much better with the extra bracing.

When fitting you might need to take a bit of metal off the brace where the bonnet lifter sits, and also on the drivers side where the water pipes pass underneath there's a little hoop that we removed as well. I'd recommend high tensile steel nuts, bolts, washers.

The Ross

While i like the good cheap mods that we can add to our cars, How do we go about ordering one off these? Can anyone help?

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Yep you will need bolts and you will also need to drill your suspension turrets, make sure you have a nice new drill bit for the job!

If if they fit 1.6s, they will fit a cupra :p

Jimski

wakko

Jul 27, 2005
Blackburn, Lancashire
Do you guys think the upper struct brace will make much difference to the handling if you already have ARB's fitted?

I've got Neuspeeds fitted, 22mm on front and 25mm on the back and wondered if i should fit the S3 brace as well.

Feb 8, 2008
Essex
This was one of the 1st things i did, but it direct from Audi and took about 45mins to fit. I still only have the standard suspension and it makes so much difference to the front end handling (i'm no expert, but handling seems tighter and i have much more confidence on turn it aswell), can't stress enough what a great value mod this is. Go for it......

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
ARBs will decrease body-roll when cornering whereas braces reduce flex in the chassis, which is noticable on both fast corners and slow tight corners. It really just tightens up the front making it more pointed and stable.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Heh, yep thanks to you and DK there!

The next mods I've got swimming round my mind at the mo' are slicone TIP and ARBs but probably won't be doing the ARBs til next year... when I'll probably be posting some questions to you...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise