Urgent Split-R help

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Evening all....
Just bought a split-r off here from a dude with an Ibiza Cupra.....I know The LC and ibiza have essentially the same engine but are there any changes in the setup which will require a fitting kit etc to fit the split-r?? or will it just bolt straight onto my LC... he says he has got everything to go with it that came from forge new... will i need any clips etc???

Bit stupid i know... but i dont wna go to fit it, take the bosch one off and find out that i need something as simple as a jubilee clip or something

cheers guys

G

caveo

You will need 2 jubilee clips as the std ones will break when you take them off .
PS good luck with the split r ( lol )

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Are you feeling Ok Cav ??? you did'nt slag off the mighty Split-R :lol:

Set up will be a case of trial and error, once it stops clicking then leave it alone you wont make it any louder

caveo

I got banned last time ( for a week ) , so i will only give facts , eg the 007p has much bigger ports and will make your car perform better for less cash...... its your choise.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
havnt actually bought it... ive agreed to.... just been reading through his previous posts.... he sed that it kept putting his car into limp mode.... and that its basically cack lol...... you posted on that thread too caveo lol... how hard are they to set up??? chances of faults/limp mode??? is the fact that his car kept going into limp mode down to a possible problem with the valve or is it really just pure luck or not your car goes limp???

caveo

havnt actually bought it... ive agreed to.... just been reading through his previous posts.... he sed that it kept putting his car into limp mode.... and that its basically cack lol...... you posted on that thread too caveo lol... how hard are they to set up??? chances of faults/limp mode??? is the fact that his car kept going into limp mode down to a possible problem with the valve or is it really just pure luck or not your car goes limp???

many have bought one and many are for sale for some reason ?? ....FACT!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
many have bought one and many are for sale for some reason ?? ....FACT!

don't make me tap the sign.... I thought we discussed that you were to sit back & have no input, rather than your uneducated & unfounded rumours?

Make people make their own mind up, based upon facts, not 2nd hand guff.

I'm happy (in fact more than happy) to help you out if you can't work out how to do this on your own.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
I have many times.... split-rs are like marmite.. you either love em or hate em.... most hate em to be honest... lol... ill just have to weigh up the pros and cons of both i thnk.. the only reason i want a split-r is cuz i want the sound of a BOV

caveo

Tap the sign.... someone watched last nights Simpsons lol ( bus driver ) . Im just emparting the wisdom of one of the 3 guys who developed the Split R ( who works for another site sponsor now )

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Tap the sign.... someone watched last nights Simpsons lol ( bus driver ) . Im just emparting the wisdom of one of the 3 guys who developed the Split R ( who works for another site sponsor now )

didn't watch it last night...

However, I still feel that you just have some vindictive reason for having your one-man crusade against it.

As discussed privately... keep it to yourself.

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
don't make me tap the sign.... I thought we discussed that you were to sit back & have no input, rather than your uneducated & unfounded rumours?

Make people make their own mind up, based upon facts, not 2nd hand guff.

I'm happy (in fact more than happy) to help you out if you can't work out how to do this on your own.

Thanks mork... much appreciated...lol... well like i said i just want the sound of a BOV... dont want to go for a full BOV so thats why i decided on the split-r... but there are very mixed reviews about split-rs on here but everyone has good views of the 007p.... i havevery limted experience with vag 1.8t's....owned mostly hondas.... any advice is much appreciated

Last edited:

caveo

Sorry for any negativity , just sharing my experance with it. I have no issues with Forge as i have many parts at the mo and their service is 2nd to none and i ALWAYS recamend the 007p

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Don't get me wrong, there's a whole list of reasons why I think leaking boost to atmosphere is wrong on a closed loop system - but that's my opinion

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise