• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

Justa

Active Member
Nov 24, 2007
263
2
Derby
Hi all

Just after some advice on the Raval V1 ride quality ?

Most dealers only seem to have the V2 LE or VZ Extreme as demo cars so I haven't been able to test the V1 - Cupra Nottingham were good enough to lend me a VZ Extreme for the weekend and I really liked it although even with the adaptive dampers in the most comfortable setting the ride was just about as firm as I would like - how does the V1 with its 18" wheels and no DCC compare ?

We currently have a Cupra Ateca 1.5 on lease but its going back early next year and are looking at the Raval to replace it - the ride on the Ateca is firm but comfortable enough for us...

Thanks in advance :)
 
@jezyg ’s post #6 in the topic at the link below comments on ride quality of their V1 on 18” alloys compared to a V2 LE on 19’s.

 
  • Like
Reactions: Justa and jezyg
Hi all

Just after some advice on the Raval V1 ride quality ?

Most dealers only seem to have the V2 LE or VZ Extreme as demo cars so I haven't been able to test the V1 - Cupra Nottingham were good enough to lend me a VZ Extreme for the weekend and I really liked it although even with the adaptive dampers in the most comfortable setting the ride was just about as firm as I would like - how does the V1 with its 18" wheels and no DCC compare ?

We currently have a Cupra Ateca 1.5 on lease but its going back early next year and are looking at the Raval to replace it - the ride on the Ateca is firm but comfortable enough for us...

Thanks in advance :)

I have a V1 as SRGTD linked to my post. But 18" wheels give a much more complaint ride, still firm but not hard either and are much better than 19" ride wise. I personally think they are nicer looking wheels and also improve range.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Justa
I have a v1 with 18s but only tested v2 with 19s .
I find the 18s ok but don’t think I would go up in size for normal road use in the UK with are poor roads.
I think even 17s would be the way to go if they offered them in the uk.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Justa
I have a v1 with 18s but only tested v2 with 19s .
I find the 18s ok but don’t think I would go up in size for normal road use in the UK with are poor roads.
I think even 17s would be the way to go if they offered them in the uk.
Thanks - ideally I’d like to hold off until I’ve driven a V1 with 18’s but the PCH offer I have is only valid until this Tuesday !
 
I've been driving my V1 on Defier 18" rims and Hankook tires since July. No issues on motorways, but it's on the firm side for driving around town over speedbumps. I'm used to that, with my old SEAT LCR, but expected a softer ride in an urban car.

A friend of mine bought the same car, she finds it too firm. She also drives a Formemtor PHEV which she finds more comfy. I'm glad I went for the 18" wheels over the 19".

The car's a joy to ride on B roads, it sticks to the road and is not too heavy going around bends, at just over 1550 kg. No unwanted roll, feels sharp. Overall, I personally wouldn't change the ride to a softer setup.