V5 service interval indicator

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
Hi,

My car has gone past 59k and the 60k service is due, but no service message yet...

According to my owners manual the service indicator should tell me when the service is due. Is this right? Does this happen within a set difference between teh actual mileage and the due mileage?

Cheers,

v5er

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
It's reset at each service or you can reset it yourself. Perhaps you have done less than the recommended maximum mileage between service intervals since the last one?

v5er

Feb 18, 2007
Lancs.
Thanks GrayT, I think you are right.

I read somewhere that you use The dealer in Sidcup. Are you happy with their service and value for money? Because the only Southern dealer I would trust s in Camberley. £180 for 60K service from a Londonish dealer is comparable to regional dealers but nowhere near as customer friendly as Honda was.

Has anyone used non-VW group main dealers? If so have they had any issues?

GrayT

I'm Old
Jul 7, 2004
London
I've been more than happy with their service and Steve and the others at the desk seem friendly enough. That said I believe one or two have questioned the service provided recently (not refitting bits of trim etc). Prior to that I had only read fairly good reports on here. If I knew of a good highly recommended independent garage closer to home I would use them, but I've been sticking with what I know even though it's a journey for me from East Ham.

If you use a non-VAG main dealer they really need the correct diagnostic software to do a good job.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise